Sign in to follow this  
Del G60

G60 INDUCTION KIT

A BIT OF ADVICE REALLY,AS MY CORRADO CHARGER IS OFF TO G-WERKS FOR IT'S OVERHAUL(FIRST TIME)i WAS THINKING OF FITTING AN INDUCTION KIT WHEN I PUT IT BACK ON WHICH ONE IS BEST FOR VALUE FOR MONEY AND MIDDLE PERFORMANCE AS I AM WISHING TO KEEP IT AS NEARLY STANDARD AS POSS,ALSO WHERE BEST TO PURCAHSE FROM I AM IN BUCKS.

My G60 had the Jetex filter and heatshield fitted when I bought it - swapped back to an original airbox with K&N panel filter and JMR cold air feed - saw a great improvement in responsiveness and from the engine bay it looks completely standard

I wouldn't bother with any induction kit, all i would recomend is to replace you oe paper element filter with a k&n panel replacment and run a cold air feed into the standard air bix via the carbon canister hole. You can tap into the break duct if you have a early

This will not only ensure you charger gets the best available air it will ALMOST keep you g60 sounding as vw sent it from the factory..

I think JMR use guttering downpipe but I'm not sure. You don't need anything particularly fancy or heat resistant and you wont see it.

Nice one, i was ready to order an induction kit then. I'll stick with the airbox. Does it have any restrictors inside the box that can come out as well? Would i just be able to use aluminium ducting for my cold air feed? Where abouts is the carbon canister hole?

Sorry for all the questions but i haven't had the corrado long...

Cheers

Tom

You would need to cut out a hole in the bottom of the airbox, IIRC the Carbon Canister sits slightly behind and below the airbox, its pretty straightforward to remove, do a search on here for more guidance on the removal

All G60's came with the brake cooling ducts - even the ones built with the later VR shell (like mine).. :wink:

If any of you need some spare cooling ducts - give me a shout. I don't need mine anymore as I'm fitting an RS2 bumper.

P.S. I love the sound of my Jetex induction kit .. 8)

All G60's came with the brake cooling ducts - even the ones built with the later VR shell (like mine).. :wink:

If any of you need some spare cooling ducts - give me a shout. I don't need mine anymore as I'm fitting an RS2 bumper.

No they dont steve check the parts CD, they could of been retro fitted to yours

No they dont steve check the parts CD, they could of been retro fitted to yours

yeah i thought i was going mad... :lol: :lol:

Many thanks guys a sound piece of advice for my first posting shall I run the ducting into the trumpet hole at the front of the airbox or tap a new hole in somewhere else?

just wondering if anyone has any photos of the induction pipe fitted?

Also will the k&n out of my mk116v golf fit my air box in my g60?

Cheers.

bloody cold!!