Sign in to follow this  
smiff

Product code for K&N Filter, 1991 1.8 16V?

Can anyone please tell me what K&N panel filter fits my car? I no longer trust the staff in my local Eurocarparts, what ever I buy I have to return and change! Wrong size, wrong code, wrong colour....you get the idea!

I did read on the forum that some members found the K&N filter made no noticable performance difference! But I do need a new filter, and hey, £40 is cheap!

+ I love spending my money on car!!!!!

An aftermarket filter element does make a small difference.. induction noise is much more noticable (though nothing like a VR induction noise) and it does make the car feel a little free'er revving :)

Definately better than the OEM paper filters!!

I can vouch for the improvement (albeit small) for the 1.8 16Vers with a performance air filter.

The car has a wee bit more punch under 4000rpm, and as jim says is noticeably more free revving. Didn't notice an increase in fuel consumption either. In fact the same mod in my rocco 1.8i reduced fuel consumption a bit.

So, probably a must do mod, especially as they aren't dear, and as filters are a replaceable item anyway....

interesting you should ask that mike. NO. AND I've noticed that the fuel economy at the moment is horribly high. :x (edit - that should be "horribly low" - or whatever means its using too much fuel!)

How do you adjust it then?

I bought a Jetex Response panel filter, basically the same as K&N (from Motech I think) for about 30 quid, the item you wan't is for a late golf 2 16v (1990-92) or any similar filter for the same age car.

If you mail order, you can always give them the dimensions of your paper filter to double check.

David.

Can anyone please tell me what K&N panel filter fits my car? I no longer trust the staff in my local Eurocarparts, what ever I buy I have to return and change! Wrong size, wrong code, wrong colour....you get the idea!

I did read on the forum that some members found the K&N filter made no noticable performance difference! But I do need a new filter, and hey, £40 is cheap!

+ I love spending my money on car!!!!!