Sign in to follow this  
supercharged_devil

20v with g-lader

I have a g60, and have gone as far as I can go (chip, pulley, cam, exhaust....etc) without overboring or head change and was wandering how easy it would be to put a 20v in, but I want to keep the charger, I have read up on volkspeeds rallye, but could do with more info. also mine is Rhd so alternator relocation could be a problem.

Any info much appreciated.

I think there is loads more you could do to your engine that wouldnt cost as much as fitting a 20valver in there!

Do you know what bhp you are pushing at the mo?

the last time i had it dyno'd it made 215bhp, and yes I could go futher with it, but its got nearly 120k on the clock and it seems to be one thing after another at the mo, so rather than get it rebuilt, 1.9 / 2ltr I thought Id go for a newer, fresher look but keep the distinctive whail of the charger.

I reckon the bores are OK at 120K and 215bhp isn't too shabby!

Why not crossflow it with a South African GTI head? I don't know how easy or difficult the job is but it's been discussed in the past IIRC.

Keep as many G60s on the road as possible I say..... 20VTs are plentiful and in just about every VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda car going at the moment....but the G60 is becoming scarce and a very unique engine, well, the G lader is at least!

Keep as many G60s on the road as possible I say..... 20VTs are plentiful and in just about every VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda car going at the moment....but the G60 is becoming scarce and a very unique engine, well, the G lader is at least!

I agree and I've got a 20v in a corrado..

me too :?

well maybe if you got a KKK04 turbo version, the 225, and very tuneable, everything comes to an end at some point, let the fun begin!

me too :?

i definetly agree to that,if thats what ya wanna do sell ur g60 then buy a 16valver to convert wouldnt be so much of a sacrafice of rarity.

I wonder how many G lader equipped engines are still going?

I think it would be a great shame to see them all vanish in favour of a 20 VT :( Nothing else on earth sounds like G60.

Stealth's 2.0 G60 was something to behold....tonnes of torque from idle to the limit.

I wonder how many G lader equipped engines are still going?

I think it would be a great shame to see them all vanish in favour of a 20 VT :( Nothing else on earth sounds like G60.

Stealth's 2.0 G60 was something to behold....tonnes of torque from idle to the limit.

u saying that there is no doubt that there is some amazing sounding G60's out there,,,but for me a std G is always something very very unique and exciting....

same with a VR6 too

love the feeling of going back into a std car after going out in and driving tweeked up versions

Yeah know what you mean. Standard cars to me just feel tighter and better balanced etc.....but not half as fast!

I remember when I drove Stealths 2.0 G60, getting back in my 16V again afterwards felt like a 1.0 Fiesta!

well maybe I should just keep it as a g60, its a yellow one so there as rare as rocking horse s**t as they are. so who is best to talk to about a rebuild, Im after somewhere in the region of 250bhp maybe even more, and the engine bay is really shabby looking.

have a word with 16VG60... his 1940cc conversions are pretty damned good... (got one in J-DUB which is about to be transferred over to the Grey G60... 8) ) Bags of torque and plenty of horses to go with it... 8)