Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Throttle body shenanigans - G60

Picked up the new motor yesterday. Having found that the throttle cable was been held on by a tie clip i went about swapping the very top arm by undoing the 13mm nut. Worked until i overtightened the nut and snapped the stud. So had to change the whole throttle body off the other car. This i did and got it fired up. Problem:

The car was over revving at idle so after a bit of investigation i found that the top arm was not clicking against the electric sensor at the back of the throttle body. It seems that i may have damaged the spring loaded mechanism so that it has become a bit stiff.

Anyone else had a similar problem, or is it just a case of getting another throttle body?

Is it not a cam which operates the switches ? Maybe you have a weak return spring ? Or the butterfly inside the throttle body is stiff/jammed ?

Left mine at g-werks yesterday for some porting work - so I can't have a look to be certain.

Do you have any pictures ?

Yeah, its the other side to that, ie on the top. I think it might be a weak return spring that has been compounded by disrupting the setup. It is possible that i have broken part of the plastic that sits under the arm. I think the best bet will be to get an undisturbed throttle body and put that on.

Although porting? Where is the metal removed from in this process as it looks quite smooth already.

Although porting? Where is the metal removed from in this process as it looks quite smooth already.
Not sure exactly - I'll let you know when I get it back. :wink: