Sign in to follow this  
Storm

6 speed conversion for a VR6 Auto

:D I can get a VR6 auto cheap & 6 speed box from a Seat Leon with driveshafts. Does anyone know whats involved? I think I'll need a loom. :?:

Darren can you do this conversion, what would you charge?

:?: :wink:

you'll also need to change the engine ecu as well....as its values will be for an auto remember.......and i don't know if the 6-speed g/box will fit in the Corrado engine bay

you would need to change loads of things like,pedal box,fly wheel,plumb in new clutch hydraulics,not sure if the tranission tunnel is the same either

Agree with above comments, lots of hard work and machining involved, the box and vr6 would have to be really cheap. Could be an interesting project though if you do go ahead with it.

I am lead to believe that the Leon 6speed box does fit along with the 320mm discs and 4pot Brembo's!

Can't comment on any other work needed to fit the above stuff but keep us informed VR6-er

Chris

This is a "will it fly" idea at this stage. Going to speak to the guys at Stealth, to see what they think. :lol: