Sign in to follow this  
spoier

I BOUGHT IT!!!

Woo Yay I'm now the pround owner of a bouncing 1990 Corrado G60!!!!

Many many little things wrong with it, but I got quite a good deal on it.

Lots of stone chips as you can see, but the body is otherwise in quite good shape (no bondo!!).

justbought-ext.jpg

Interior is a bit ratty, lots of little electrical gremlins to sort out.

Maybe be swapping in leather seats some time but the cloth are quite comfy, great bolster side support.

justbought-int.jpg

And finally the nice young fellow who sold his baby to me, who listened to reason and accepted my offer which I believe is exactly what it is worth ($2600 US)

vincentparry.jpg

Absolutely thrilled to say the least, but have to get cracking on some of the bigger problems before the July 4th weekend so we can do a road trip

Skye

looks like a good buy,but i see what you mean about the stone chips :shock: ...are those half leather seats??

Stonechips seem to be a real problem on C's in the USA.. there was another member here with a really nice C that had suffered heavily from the same problem.

Still looks really nice and welcome to the wonderful (if a little expensive) world of Corrado ownership :)

My G60 had chips simular to yours when I brought her, spent a bit of money and she looks great now, gave her a new lease of life :D

Yup I went into this with a TOTAL budget of $4000 - either buy a car already in really nice condition for that, or in this case, have $1400 to spend to bring it up to that condition. Most of the little problems are going to be easily fixed once I have the Bentley manual. The engine is down on power (butt dyno says it's got about 90 hp at the moment) - may need a 'charger rebuild, but compression on the engine is OK and equal. Definately have to raise the car up a little though, it is lowered WAY too much.

Skye

How did you fix your stone chips?

Just get a full respray?

I think the reason chips are so bad here in the USA is because over half of all vehicles on the road are trucks/SUVs - and hardly any of them have mud flaps. It's really stupid and ridiculous. Bad taste rules supreme here unfortunatley.

Skye

Well a lot of people just get a front end respray... bonnet, bumper, and wings..

Saves a fortune and pretty much does the job as thats where 90% of the stonechips are gonna be.

And as for SUV's.. dont get me started :mad:

Hi

I had a full respray, jims16v is correct in saying most people opt for the wings, bonnet, strip and bumper to be sprayed.

My reason for doing this is that I preffered the Dragon green to the pearlesent green that it was orginally 8)