Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

SNS chip Vs G Force Chip

Right well this is an odd one as I know in theory the answer is SNS. However, I am taking about two chips that i have got.

Basically the SNS chip gives the power, but high up the rev range. G force seems a bit smoother through the revs but not so 'balls out' higher up. The story of the SNS is that it was originally on a Rallye Golf, then swapped to my blue Corrado that was then written off. The G force chip came with the new car.

Are there differences between the SNS chips for Golfs and Corrados?

A Rallye is 4x4, has a smaller capacity from the factory and has a MUCH bigger intercooler... I'd imagine that would be reflected in the chip writing process... ;)

Hmm, i wonder if it is not taking into account enough the low revs boost (or relative lack of) and the fueling only comes into play at higher revs. Its like driving a 16v.

It is quick though.

SNS chips are not all the same - they do several different maps - depending on the extras that are fitted to the car.

Send Daz (g-werks) a PM - username gman

Hmm does seem like i have an SNS chip thats not suited to the car.
Quite possible - Darren (g-werks) will be able to confirm - he's a SNS chip supplier.. :wink:

We have a varity of different SNS maps for different applications. Set up is also a key factor, if you've done nothing else but swap chips over then all the base settings will be out. What injectors are in your Rallye? Greys or Greens?

Well the chip was in the Corrado when i got it. The chap i bought it from said the chip used to reside in a Rallye so don't know what injectors it had.

For the time being i am staying with the G Force chip. Though it does need one hell of a setting up and prob an SNS chip that is matched to the spec that I have.

At the moment the car just seems a bit lacking in go. (Had the same feeling with the last Corrado too.) I suspect that a sensor might be down somewhere as car just does not feel like it has the power it should. Sometimes it feels like there are slight surges of power, as if the car is holding back.

Might be visiting you boys very soon.