Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Temp????

hi.. ive got very little mechanical knowledge at all so hoping to benefit from others!...i got a 2.0 8v raddo, recently ive noticed that whilst driving the car has been running REALLY cold..as in the needles resting on the pin..and the oil temp is around 76-78...if i let the car idle for a few mins then the temp builds up..but as soon as i drive off it starts falling again.

Correct me if im wrong but i thought that cars have a cold running mode sorta thing ( a choke?) so it cant be good for the car to be running so cold?. I put a k+n induction kit on in the summer with a cold air feed from the grill, would it be because the k+n is drawing in so much cold winter air???(ive never had a induction kit before!) thanks in advance :oops: :oops:

get hold of a haynes manual for a 89-94 passat (pretty much the same 8v engine as yours) and replace the thermostat... should be pretty easy to do if you have any mechanical knowledge... 8)

You'll need the thermostat, plastic housing, O ring seal and 2 tubs of G12+ coolant... 8) Should come to well under £40 in parts... 8)

I’m just chuffed to find someone else with an 8valver. I was getting very lonely on this site.

Your K&N – I’m looking at fitting one soon, did you just go for the replacement panel filter of a full 57i induction kit ?

I have not looked into the possibilities of a 57i, but was thinking about just the filter element that fits into my existing box.

i.e. this one ……

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/ ... od=33-2029

Any feedback from yours would be good, did it improve noticeably the pickup and acceleration ??

Cheers my kindred 8 valving spirit.

Ryan