Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Clicking from clutch pedal

Ive noticed a clicking from the pedal the last few days, the pedal pressing & comes up fine but the pedal seems to be getting funny, anyone have any ideas whts coursing it??

i had a funny clicking noise everytime i depressed my clutch pedal a few years back...........turned out to be the plastic trim above the pedal(lower dash) had warped just a little bit and was catching

funny you say that mate, Ive had the dash trim of over wkend & its been making the noise ever since!!

funny you say that mate, Ive had the dash trim of over wkend & its been making the noise ever since!!

there's yer answer then :D

Same happened to me - sounds like the trim. When it happened to me it made the brake pedal feel kind of weird too when pressing the clutch.

Just checked the trim at lunch & it seems to be hitting top of pedal, trims comming out 2night...

I didn't need to take the trim out - just give it a bit of a re-jig -- there is a plastic screw fixing which holds the trim out of the way normally. It can fall out easily if its loose, then the trim flops around and catches on the clutch. Sorry the description is a bit vague but I'm not sure how to describle it - it looks a bit like a plastic mushroom.

I no what you mean quicksilver.. I think of the the screws is missing, I was refitting the dash back in the dark LOL.. teaches me LOL

I pinched one from the trim in the passengers footwell so at least I could drive it normally then got another one from VW (pretty cheap if I remember)