Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Top radiator hose

ok so despite what everyone thinks about the top radiator hose, there is actually something in there, sorry henny. There is a short piece of plastic that looks like a fitting that has a small hole in that allows pressure to bleed out of the system and into the cap on the thin hose going to the expansion tank. I know this because I took mine out being that SOME PEOPLE thought there wasn't supposed to be anything there. when I bought a new one it came with it too, therefore its supposed to be there. just FYI for people with OVERHEATING problems, check to see if this bleed hole is blocked by blowing in the tube.

no guys its not a lump of crud.

you know I dont know what it is, I think its a bleed valve for pressure in the system. partially eliminates air locks. but I dont know.

have a look

Err that looks like the spigot the small hose joins on to. Just goes to show how big the hole is. You can feel this on any hose

right but the point is that this can get blocked the whole point of this thread was to notify people of this "evil" piece of VW technology that makes your car overheat