Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

G60 Throttle response

Well its better than it was now i have fixed a wire to the lambda sensor. It still feels a bit crap lower in the rev band. The car does not feel slow as when i am giving it some beans it flys. However, compared to the 1.9 Kjet 8v i got, its er well, a bit crap. It lacks snap.

Just wondered if i am being a bit unfair, comparing the two engines, could be just that digifant is a bit pants. Or is there something still amiss with my G60?

somthing if deftinatly a miss. low down your g60 should be able to remove tree stumps with ease

When was your charger last rebuilt / what boost is it putting out...

If you havn't done yet, get it chipped and pulleyed as what your experiencing is probably digilag...

Well just added spec to my sig. I suppose i might be lacking a bit low down because of the cam. Also the charger will be coming off when my RSR arrives and replaced with my jabba sport stage 4 charger off the other car. I have changed the blue sensor, so its not that.

Right well its getting there, i think that i am still suffering from digilag along with the effect of the cam. At about 4.5k revs it takes off like no naturally aspirated 8v i have ever driven. The SNS chip i got was designed for a Rallye so would guess that its not quite right for my Rado. Got a Jabba chip coming soon (2nd hand, just to test, i do know about the fuelling issues with them) so will experiment with that.

The chip is not the issue IMO. They don't care which G60 motor they run.

It sounds to me, big lag/bogging/takes off at 4500, like the boost sensing pipe to the ECU is too short or has a split in it.

Check that carefully before you waste time swapping chips.

Gavin

Well it was a right pig when i left the pipe off completely by accident. Thankfully the messing is not to bad as both the ECU's i got are complete with the chips in, so does not take too long. I have not checked the length, though am not going to use the one off the other car as i measured that at 96cm and i know they are supposed to be 1m dead on. Though will check the one on this car as my next port of call.

In my experience 5cm short isn't a problem. Any more than that is though.

Gavin

Yeah, just changed mine and found the old one to be 95cm despite the OE clip on the TB...

I would not recommend the Jabba Chip. I have one on my car & hate it.

I had a slow reving problem on my G60. Darren at G-weks fiddled with my throttle body when I was in getting the charger rebuilt and that cured the problem for a bit. It some times feels like it's coming back, but I have a new throttle body going on soon so I'm hoping that should be the end of it.

What was it you did Darren?

Right well a 85cm boost sensing pipe could not have helped, so put the 96cm one on for the time being but think it will be prudent to get a new one.

Right, well its getting there, its feeling better and quicker. Still needs tweaking, need to check all the sensors now i think and swap the charger.