Sign in to follow this  
dubmad

help...

my baby is overfuelling! help! she was fine before i had her tuned now she doesnt pull aswell as it should dies at top end at about 5,000rpm as if its not gettin enough fuel or the plugs are blowin out i can smell fuel all the time this is what i had done:

rs charger rebuild (darren g-werks)

head ported and polished new hydraulics and valve steams.

red tops(g-werk's)

sns chip(g-werks)

64mm pulley

oil breather system

boost re route

de cat

she is doing about 150 miles to £40 pounds!!!!!!

im thinkin of taking her upto tsr what are they like.

i have checked the compressions and they are at 140psi roughly 9 bar i believe this is correct. i have replaced the blue sensor too.

sounds to me like your timing is out... Check that you have the cambelt on correctly as this could be a tooth (or two!) out on the cam...

As supercharged says, it could also be lambda, but they don't tend to make it overfuel quite this much... Disconnect the lambda sensor plug (on the rear engine mount) and see if it makes any difference... if it doesn't it's at fault (either dead, or dodgy wiring)

will chreck it tomorrow cheers guys. what should happen when i disconnect the lamda?

what mpg figures should i be gettin out of her when she is runnin right?

it did 140 miles on 40 pound!!

disconnected the lamda today and she seems to be alot better i have seen her doing 28.6mpg now!!!! :D and she is pulling very very well now,i take it i need to buy a new lambdor sensor now or do i just keep it disconnected? cheers guys

best buy a new one as your car will be running in open loop all the time which is not so good for fuel economy,, also you should really be running an air fuel gauge with your set up to keep an eye on things,,

What did they do when they tuned it? When problems appear right after a service I would look at what they touched or changed. You have to run Bosch W6DP0 in the G60 especially if you have upgraded the motor & boost. Checking the timing is easy enough, here's a link G60 Timing.

Dennis

What did they do when they tuned it? When problems appear right after a service I would look at what they touched or changed. You have to run Bosch W6DP0 in the G60 especially if you have upgraded the motor & boost. Checking the timing is easy enough, here's a link G60 Timing.

Dennis

i slightly disagree with your advice here... tuned g60's should be running w5dpo's..

cheers guys gonna order a new lambda sensor today and get all the timing done too :D will let u know how she is :D