Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Help!!! Play in piston of h&r Coilover

Thought i had play in front wheel bearing,looked closer and play is in the piston of the coilover.

How do i get rid of play?do i need a new insert or new strut and where would i get the bits?

Any advice much appreciated as my mot has run out.

Don't these have a lifetime garantee ?? Surely you should phone whoever you got them from, or were they on the car when you bought it ??

spoke to em and they wernt very helpfull.They want £100 to send em back to germany plus wotever it costs to fix em!

flusted, I wouldn't use AVOs to hold a door open. I had loads of bother with mine, they just chucked oil everywhere after about 2000 miles.

A firm in Peterborough called Racers Hardware sorted them under AVOs warranty but the same thing happened again. They may be able to fettle yours. http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction ... &x=25&y=14

Fit some std suspension while you get your own sorted. Just check that the insert hasn't come loose. They are often held in the shock body with a nut of some description.

Gavin

flusted,

Not my idea lol...but find some one on this forum or one of your mates with the same ones they brought brand new and use his recipt :D Bingo sorted :)

guna take it off soon and inspect,would be nice if i could just tighten summink up and its cured but never my luck!

Had the same problem on an old set of H&Rs I got from Germany, Have to get the front pistons rebuilt going to set me back over £150 :( on the bright side didn't pay that much for them & the rebuild Im told will get them like new again. If you think about it £100 quid isn't bad when compared to buying a set of new H&Rs.