Sign in to follow this  
newbloke

Newbloke needs help with timing G60 - (THREAD ENDED)

Hi Chaps

I've just fitted a new timing belt to my standard G60 (Old one snapped) and there are 2 timing marks on the camshaft. Can anyone help with general re-timing, or point me in the direction of the answer. I've tried the search facility, but am coming up with 3 lemons at the moment.

Ta, in advance

Newbloke

The two dots on the front of the camshaft pulley must line up with the mark on the back cover (about 90' round from the top). If the cover is missing then use the mark on the back of the pulley and align with face of the head itself.

The crankshaft pulley is marked at the top and should align up facing straight up,(or use the marks in the gearbox end under the cover and align with the 0)

The aux shaft pulley mark lines up with the cut out on the crankshaft pulley when place at 90' with each other.

turn the engine over twice to check everything lines up, 8)

good luck

sc16v

Thanks for the response.

I also believe that the "blue" coolant temp sender must be disconnected during timing ops. Is this true, and if so do you know why?

Newbloke

Yeah you need to rev engine 3 times over 3000 rpm in a row and disconnect the blue coolant sensor, then set timing, then reconnect the sensor and rev again.

Its stop corrective timing and also sets car into setting mode.

see how you go, and a tip use the flywheel timing marks more accurate than crankpulley :D