Sign in to follow this  
dav

springs

I am thinking of lowering my Carrado, (4x4 ride hight at the mo-"standard") I already have Koni top adjustable fitted although I am not sure what springs to go for. :?

I have had experience with both Eibach and H&R springs before but only on golf’s, must say that I preferred the H&R’s.

Has anyone fitted a Koni/Eibach or Koni/H&R combination on a Carraddo before?

I don’t want to drop the car to low, and would like to maintain some kind of ride comfort.

Thanks in advance for all help

Dav.

Eibach and Koni are IMO the perfect combo!! The Eibach springs dont lower the car that much, I think they have a max of 25 /30 mm.

Eibach will very shortly have a coil over kit - fully Eibach so they should be a good contendor for Koni.

I didnt have the set up on my C but I did on my Golf MK2 Gti and I had Koni dampening adjustable and it felt really good. I think the C has the same chassis as the Golf - not 100 % sure if thast right? :)

I have koni top adjustables on my car and eibach springs - like you say, they dont lower it too much - probably about 25 - 30mm, but it is an excellent ride!!!!

I was looking into lowering it with some different springs - but after giving it some thought ive decided to stick with the set up i have as its very good and i would hate to compromise it by slamming it on the deck.

With this set up it still sits lower than standard but i dont have the hassle with speed bumps and pot holes etc etc

If you drop it any more on koni adjustables you apparently run the risk of ruining the konis - and the ride would be very harsh.

so i suppose really its down to whether you want a car that looks good on the deck or one that handles well and gives a nice ride!!! 8)