Sign in to follow this  
sambo

Cracked manifold

Ok i knew for a while that my exhaust is leaking on the rear joint of the CAT, but i'v also noticed my manifold has two cracks. Will this affect performance/fuel consumption? Its a 2.0l 16v C. Cheers

Potentially as unmetered air will flow over the lambda probe causing false readings. Depends how bad the cracks are really...

I'd get it changed as soon as poss tho, quite easy to change. Henny has a spare manifold under his desk at work I believe, LOL!

I have complete engine with 3k on the clock since full rebuild on my garage floor with manifold and all that, this may be deciding point if i should put it in! If i do it means keeping the car, but i wanted a vr. Hmmmmm....decisions,decisions

LOL... a man faces so many tough decisions in his lifetime, LOL!

The VR is a rewarding drive for sure, but can be a pesky little git at times. Depends if you have the minerals to face such a challenge or not :lol:

But any Corrado is a good one imo.... the engine type just determines how quickly that lovely bodyshell gets shifted about!

Engine i'v got has tasty mods and it will run itb-s so vr power will be there its just the fact i also have a mk2 i wanted to stick my lump in!