Sign in to follow this  
vwcvr6

BMC CDA

Just installed the BMC CDA this morning and feel a definite difference!!

noticable gain in the midrange and top end. Sounds amazing on part throttle up to 4000 rpm and then gets a bit loud nice!!

Looks brilliant, you might want to watch the wire to the maf, if it chaffes the strapping it might cut through it.

good, sounds tempting, with either a blue flame/magnex she is going to sound like a mean mother, and will free up some extra ponies, lol

£171 including delivery and vat from stealth racing!!!!

got mine about a week ago from Gwent VW/Audi for £140 incl VAT but not incl delivery :wink:

fitted it last frid just before a trip to London & i'm very happy with it to say the least.

having read peoples comments on a various forums i expected it to be a quality bit of kit,but nothing prepared me for the noise this thing makes...i really didn't think a VR6 could sound that good & i'm running a standard exhaust system !

i noticed a slight increase in power but i've yet to fit the cold air intake & the weather was on the warm side last weekend,so i'll save my comments on that until it's set up properly - i'm expecting it to be a little quiter when this is done...

Yeah i run a standard exhaust myself, and just love the sound!!!

I feel its a bit more smoother on low revs!!!

loving it!!! :D

Yeah i run a standard exhaust myself, and just love the sound!!!

I feel its a bit more smoother on low revs!!!

loving it!!! :D

yup same here,uprating the suspension on my C transformed what i thought about the car,the CDA has just done the same again :D

Just fitted mine ......

Something's not quite right - it gets to about 4k revs fine and then it just gets throttled and hardly wants to rev anymore. I had the cold air feed on at first and thought that it might have been obstructed in the wing, meaning that not enough air was getting in. So I ripped that off and just ran it sat in the engine bay.

Then it started idleing very low and kept cutting out unless it was warm.

I'm thinking ECU reset? Maybe just try diconnecting the battery for a bit?

Anyone have any thoughts?

I did have tis prob at the start when i ran the car the first time, but its sorted now.

could be ecu reset!!

Tom, the 4K thing might be due to the schrick characteristics and a change in induction length. Mine pulled like a train at 4K with the BMC but I have 268 cams though (which need more air). You should have noticed a boost in the 3 to 4K region with the BMC tho and a lovely smooth burble at 2K?

You did fit the BMC the right way round aswell didn't you? There are flow arrows on the casing. The inlet duct makes no difference to the power, but it helps quieten it a bit.

I don't think a reset will help but it's worth a shot. Try cleaning the maf wire with some isopropynol too.

I meant to come back to this post actually....

I fitted it the right way round ;) :p

Once I'd fitted it, I started it up and it ran/idled fine. Obviously once I had set off, the plug that goes into the MAF had dislodged by rubbing on the bracket for the pipes that sits next to it.

I didn't check the plug right away because I hadn't touched it and had no reason to suspect it. I've angled the intake a bit more now so that it shouldn't happen again.

I did think that it might have been a problem with the Schrick not quite liking the amount of air it was getting.

So it's running ok now, hopefully :) Just need to take it on a 'proper' run :D