Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

gone crazy vr

hello

i just changed the thermostat n housing due to a leak..... took a coulple of day coz need to drill out some rotten bolts.....

there is no leak now ive only filled it with water ....

the temp is a about 100 mark

anyway when i put it above 2000 revs sometimes the rev counter goes crazy up n down and you hear i electrical click, and the car starts to not want to go n jerks alott????? also when i remove the MAF plug when runnin the car stays on ..... before this it would turn off??? what part that ive touched could make this happen??? COILPACK? THE YELLOW BLUE BLACK PLUG ??? I DIDNT MOVE THE MAF THAT DAY?? THE HEAT?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most likely you screwed up the temperature sensors when you fiddled around with the thermostat housing.

The cam position is quite close to the coil pack, maybe damaged that if you removed the coil pack to get access? same goes with the coil pack connector and temp sensors as dr-mat says.

My speedo did that on a 8v golf after the gearbox was replaced and the earht wasn't reconnected properly, so earthing through the ECU and frying it. If yours runs at all I doubt it would be that though.

ok yesterday i drove it n it was fine? did feel abit hot though..

today after work tried starting it n it turned over but the the dials rev counter went crazy n heard that electrical click tick noise???? done that 3 times then start as it should????????????????

HELP

also ive always noticed this wire its yellow n black and has a thin long yellow connector on it?? leads to the bunch of wires near the centre of the engine? whats it for coz its never been conneted to anything? just one ends loose?