Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

refitted standard plates 6.30am pulls over by the police i can do with out

7833_267976285507_553540507_9118385.jpg

did you have the german plates on it; I have been contemplating purchasing them but our kid bro reckons its a £30 fine if pulled over :mad2:. I think thats bad as they are still very readable :eek:

finished fitting new ignition barrel... :clap: :clap: don't seem to have steering lock now? any ideas

Went for a drive round and about just because it is fun. Drove both today just to make sure the one for sale is kept ticking over. Washed and waxed them both.

Gave the throttle body some love today :luvlove:

SL370985.JPG

SL370980.JPG

SL370968.JPG

SNS 5.5 red top chip installed.

SL370989.JPG

and the red tops, cheers Riley 8) tomorrow should be fun :grin:

made my switch blade key today... yeay...

It some how looks odd in there though?

finished of my front mount intercooler all pipet in alot better :grin:climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPhoto0088.jpg[/attachment:aguen9d6]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPhoto0089.jpg[/attachment:aguen9d6]Photo0090.jpg[/attachment:aguen9d6]

charger 2 intercooler all 76 mm pip 1× 135° bend 1× 45° bend 2× 90° hose bend 3× aluminium hose joiners

intercooler 2 co port 1× 90° 76 to 60mm reducing elbow 1× 90 ° 60mm aluminium bend & 1× 90 ° 60mm hose

Applied some "Black Trim Wax" to the grey bits that used to be black - things like roof rails (if that's what they are called), door handles, mirror surrounds, door bump strips etc.

Makes it look really nice!

Spent most of today time giving my car a good and I mean good clean inside and out, polish and wax. Borrowed the neighbours power washer and tyer dresser too :D

I'm lieing realy :ignore: :grin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :epicfail:

Got a veleting companie out and they done a realy good job, they are called Avon Valeting, from Bristol and are at a very resonable price too.

the one guy has a mate with a G60 so any one on here know some one who works for Avon valeting ??????

:grin:

Replaces the high beam warning light in the dash. Seemples - thanks to nmahi's ghuide on the wiki.

I spent 6 hours polishing and cleaning the VRT ready for meet at the Air Balloon. Didn't get round to the tyres so if I have time will do that tomorrow. Also need to check oil and then enjoy the drive :norty:

nice new smoked side repeaters have now replace the 'orrible orange :)

Where'd you get them from mate?

And am i right in assuming they are the same ones as on mk2 Golfs too....

I had my busted car towed to the garage today so it can have it's engine replaced. With a bit of luck the big valve head & cams of the expired 3.0 engine won't have been damaged and will make it across to the replacement, along with the fidenza flywheel, the VSR and the relatively recent chains/tensioners to give it extra long life.

Not long to wait now.

I had my busted car towed to the garage today so it can have it's engine replaced. With a bit of luck the big valve head & cams of the expired 3.0 engine won't have been damaged and will make it across to the replacement, along with the fidenza flywheel, the VSR and the relatively recent chains/tensioners to give it extra long life.

Not long to wait now.

:clap: Fingers crossed John.

Not long to wait now.

About time to John :lol:

Fitted sns 5.5 chip, bosch red top injectors, alloy strut brace, relocated bonnet lifter due to clash with strut brace , re-routed vac lines, re-routed cable harness around drivers side strut top due to re-located bonnet lifter, modified jabba filter shied due to bonnet lifter, relocated dump valve closer to throttle body, taxed car, put 2 new front tyres on.

SL371026.JPG

Need to do the timing tomorrow, took it out earlier and its fueling much better than before = more boost dialed in on the greddy :clap:

Fitted a new beige leather gear gaiter last night then took the car for a 25 mile run to put some miles on it. Then it started to rain, so headed home. Still 880 miles before its run in. Should get some use come the weekend though... :grin:

This week so far I have bought a battery charger and charged the battery. I have also got one of the locking wheel nuts off, but now it's stuck in the remover tool. Should get the other one out tonight :) Then I can get new front tyres.

I have also cleaned the melted babybel skin from out of the rear ash tray, and purchased some leather cleaner and protector.

I also managed to break the contacts off the heating element on the passenger wing mirror (I'll leave the drivers side well alone!)

Hoping for some good weather this weekend so that I can continue correcting the paint, so far passenger door, both wings and most of the bonnet are done. Hoping to get the front 'half' of the car finished this weekend.

Also need to order some paint, so that I can spray the badges up and a scuff on the front bumper.

Didn't feel like I had done much, but now that I have written it down, it feels like I have accomplished much more :clap:

replaced indicator stalk and wonder why i have gone through 4 in 2 years?

Being a bit rough on those change of indications Neil? :wink: :lol:[/quote:32or79ya]

lol yeah i must be, i just cant work it out! you wouldnt believe how much having to hold your indicator down whilst turning makes the enjoyment of driving a corrado a missiry!