Sign in to follow this  
peter

STORM advice

Hi,

I am starting to search for a storm model to replace my VR6 and have a few questions that you may be able to help with. I have already viewed one but it looked a little rough!

a) Does the V5 (log book) state STORM as the model or just VR6

I used to own a scirocco storm and that stated storm as the model.

b) Is the grill on the front of the car the same colour as the body work or is it black as in the VR6 and other models.

c) Does anyone know if any exist with air-con fitted , was this an option?

Thanks in advance for help

Peter

Hi Peter and welcome to the forums...

a) I am not 100% on this but I suspect that the logbook will just state VR6 - Storm badging was only applied by the dealers after they had it delivered, as it wasn't really any different to the regular VR6..

b) Again... not 100%... I dont think they had the colour coded grille, but many people chose to colour code afterwards cause it looks good :)

c) Air Con was an option, but it wasn't fitted as standard.. so there should be some out there with Air Con :)

Log-book won't state 'Storm'

Yup - colour-coded grille

Air-con - already covered :)

the only sure way to check if its a storm or not.....unlesss its mystic blue which is a storm only colour,is to ring VW's customer care quoting the VIN/chassis number and they will tell if it was sold as a storm and whereabout the original supplying dealer was........like jims16v and VR6 have both pointed out there is no mention of storm on the log-book and the grille should be colour-coded(also should only have the bottom slats open....unless been replaced by the open-slatted grille)all the "VR6" & "Corrado"badges should be chrome too

and A/C is a dealer-fit option too

and it will only be a storm if its built & registered from April95 onwards

also the mystic blue ones only have the black leather interior and the classic green ones will only have the beige leather

and most should still have the 15inch 6-spoke BBS "solitude" alloys

soz but if u had a vr6 why is it so appealing to get a storm...jus curious my cousins corrado all the features u guys listed above on his 16v

soz but if u had a vr6 why is it so appealing to get a storm...jus curious my cousins corrado all the features u guys listed above on his 16v

Very true AAIGHT.............as i've always said........your really paying quite a premium for a couple of badges and the special paintjob on the mystic blue storms

it is very possible to get a non-storm VR6 with a higher spec for quite a bit less :shock:

and also the storm attracts a higher insurance rating...grp 19 over grp 18 :?

used to be group 20 when i was abt 16 and dreamed of a corrado

well my insurance company rate it as grp19 over the standard vr6's grp 18 now

my g60 must be abt group 17 the amounts i pay but i think were drifting from the above topic MR MOD :lol: :p

You took it off topic AAIGHT ;) :D :D :)

my g60 must be abt group 17 the amounts i pay but i think were drifting from the above topic MR MOD :lol: :p

hehehe..........well i'm still speaking about storms....LOL :lol:

why is it u never see a storm till jus after u washed ur car :cry:

and when u do see one ur more angry than pleased

All the info posted by Roddy is immaculate as usual and my insurance company tell me it is group 19 too!You are paying that bit extra to know that you are the owner of 1 of 250 cars in that specific colour with that spec.Probably not worth it to a lot of people but I got lucky and paid VR moneu for a Storm,sorry not trying to rub it in!I want one of each....just to take the absolute p1ss.Sad individual that I am.If I'm not mistaken the Mystic Blue is a "Storm onlly" but the Claasic Green Pearl is not?

Did they not make 10 autos in each colour aswel? Or was it five of each? Or is it perhaps time to take my medication :multi:

The only Corrado more exclusive than the Storm, would be the 'Campaign' model, only five of these ever built (only 4 still running?). I think we have at least one owner on here...?

DtM.

I think that 5 Campaigns is right and 1 was defo smashed up.They did 10 in each colour of the autos I believe.I have seen one of the Campaigns at a show and it had the exact personalised registration that I wanted for my motor (j13 vrg),btw.Not too sure about the interior but I would still love to own 1....

There was 6 and one of them got smashed up.. and the owner is the user Campgain on here.

A highly original name as I am sure you'll agree :D

Thanks for the help.

I may now look for a high spec VR6 instead!

Not in a rush anyway

Thanks

Peter

are the campaigns the ones with (imo) the really garey red leather interior that looks like michael myers :twisted: has had a family reunion in it?

are the campaigns the ones with (imo) the really garey red leather interior that looks like michael myers :twisted: has had a family reunion in it?

Yup.

They're also a bit of a mismatch of early-spec and late-spec Corrado too.

:D That'd be the one, but it's not quite that garish in real life, the flash on most people's camera's just reflects back.

It's quite easy to live with day to day.

There is confirmation that there was only 6 built, but now I'm having doubts about whether one has actually been mashed up. I've been asked by several people now to confirm about a certain Red Leather interior that seems to be going around up in Manchester for sale at the moment, which I believe is the one I was offered last November. One of the most exclusive things about the Campaign was the red-leather interior Electric Recaros as most people know, but a lot of people don't appreciate that the dash was all red-leather too. Now this interior hasn't got the dashboard which raised my suspicions for a start (who would take the seats out, but not the dash) and also the head-rests are wrong too as they should have an embossed "Running Man" logo on each head-rest, these didn't have this. This kinda triggers my suspiscions. (speeling off again I'm afraid!)

Some people have asked if they did a G60 "Campaign" too, as it appears that some G60s have appeared with a similar interior, same colour seats (I've yet to see one myself, but saw a couple of photos of one once).

It is believed that the last one has been discovered now by James Shillaw in Suffolk somewhere, where a lady has owned it from new, but I'm awaiting confirmation on this.

But in case anybody wants to know, I believe there is currently one for sale. Although I've been told it's in a pretty shabby state and could do with some TLC (bold tyres, poorly paint etc., sunroof knackered etc.) Now, if I had the money and the garage space... it's going for about 2/3 standard VR6 pricing at the moment..... ("Dream on" - Mrs. Bromley)

As a parting shot, I tried to join the "Campaign Register" at GTi Inters last year, when asked which one I'd got, "a Corrado" - "Sod off!" was the reply. Bloody commoners :lol:

Anyway, off to watch Henman lose :? Anybody want some details on Geniune Campaigns, let me know.

have to admit if i knew about the campaign Corrado's before buying my storm i think i would have maybe tried to seek out one of these elusive beasts.......i just love the interior they have imo its damn sexy 8) 8)

Campaign, I told James and Debbie about the one in Ipswich, altho they had seen it before and it has actually been to a GTi show a few years ago as the pics were on the CCGB website... (so not exactly discovered - as they all had personalised plates as well)

It is absolutly mint, is not used in the week and at weekends if its sunny its taken to the supermarket (thats where i see it), its owned by a mate (who i used to work) with, girlfriends mum and I think they have had it from new. It looks like its just come out of the showroom and still has the Scotts of Slone square plate holders!!