Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

Oil Pressure Sensor

is leaking! first of many problems im sure ;)

i got it tightened up but i havent run it yet to see if its sroted it out, i heard its a cheap fix if the whole thing needs doing (less than £20?)

other things i noticed, my breather filter looks like its on its last legs (im guessing that can be done for about £7)

AAAND best of all somewhere above the sump right up against the engine block there's 3 small holes, no sign of wear of any kind of fluid escaping, but it does look like it should have a double rubber plug on top of it.. not a clue what that is but doesnt seem to be detremental...

any comments on prices or whatever reply away :)

umm... which engine?

Oil pressure switches are dirt cheap from VAG (less then £15 IIRC) and I think that you can get 'em from GSF and ECP for less too! 8)

Which breather filter? I can't think of a Corrado that had a breather filter on it as standard... ?|

Any chance of a pic of the holes? could be just casting marks on the block?

urm its a g60 henny, oil pressure seems to have stopped leaking, but i think its still flashing so the whole thing might be needing a replacement.

i was *told it was a breather filter, it sits atop the rocker cover on the right, its a black square cap with 2 screws on it with a black pipe leading to a inch thick pipe, slight oil leakage at the small to large pipe joining (maybe a jubilee clip to fix?)

as for moulding marks i thought it might but there appears to be a bit of toothed gear visible, although im not exactly a mechanic or anything so wth do i know?

heres' the pics with commentary ;)

you have a green inspection plug missing from your gearbox m8,what you can see is the flywheel.

an easy fix,just not sure where you would get one?

neil.

oh the slight leak is just from the breather pipe,noticed mine was split the other day,maybe worth checking yours.

they shouldnt need a jubilee,but wouldnt harm to put one on and keep the bay a little more oil free :D

neil.

you can still get that pipe from VAG (just got one for J-dub). The gearbox inspection bung is also available cheaply from VAG... 8)

im about to order the inspection bung and pressure sensor :D

and holy crap i wish i handt asked how much a replacement grille was.. and £17 for a plastic badge?!?!?

damn.

thanks for the help guys :D

spent most of the past few days fixing the bonnet release cable though :D

best buy a new oil filter and plugs, the oil is like treacle