Sign in to follow this  
junkie

BBM/Lysholm

Who got opinions on these seen a few already so best to get a post goin?

Had mine 3month,

sound=nothin like it

power=scoobies move over.

Anyway let me know more views!

Don't know a lot about them to be honest, other than what i have read on the website. You are right though, they do sound awesome - i downloaded a video of some lad in a G60 booting it down the road!!!

Thats a fair bit of power you are running there, you going to any shows this year?

Yea gonna b at inters 1st time, heard all stories bout goin downhill but still cant afford wothersee!!!

u see car at inters but diff spec 1st IHI not done yet, cant wait. Gutted tho bout losin whine but power comes 1st??

nah not enough power more like, bit lairy sometimes in wet wi FWD poss AWD,big job!!

Bolt off bolt on sort if ya runnin standard boost.

Smaller pulley needs injectors and mappin session obviously!!

they do sound awesome - i downloaded a video of some lad in a G60 booting it down the road!!!

Surely it'll be more of a BL60 now then... ;)

Theyre very expensive. If mine buggers up, im looking at a few quid to get another one, not like I can pop to Vag and pick up a spare twin screw charger.

Heres mine on some rollers (small vid with sound)

Vid

Yah my friend. its painful at the moment, i've got no soundproofing or carpets in at the mo case I need to replace it all. It gets very loud on the motorway. My ears are fecked.

They arent meant to be that loud if they are installed properly. Things to do to make it quieter is using panel filter in box instead of cone,vent the boost return back into the system instead of releasing it in the atmosphere but ultimatley you need to relocate the throttle body before the intake of the charger. This way you will limit most of the noise but only have some left at wot which is what you want.

rgds

they do sound awesome - i downloaded a video of some lad in a G60 booting it down the road!!!

Surely it'll be more of a BL60 now then... ;)

Not sure what ya mean BL60???

Yea prob sound daft but there ya go!

If any1 is interested in a loud but different sounding in a good way charger let me know!

Read LowG 2above.

Worried bout been too loud follow his advice!

Although would use the cone either way! for looks on its own!

Still not convinced watch vid of capnahab few more up!

You get used to the sound and I'm getting used to the power on the standard pully. If I thought my engine would take it i'd put a 50 mm on it but wheels and suspension first, then engine rebuild with fmic, injectors, chip and tune.

people just look and say WTF

You get used to the sound and I'm getting used to the power on the standard pully. If I thought my engine would take it i'd put a 50 mm on it but wheels and suspension first, then engine rebuild with fmic, injectors, chip and tune.

people just look and say WTF

Agreed lol

Yea sounds like ya goin the right way keep posted.

Ok heres a few questions for you screw guys.

How much do these chargers go for?

Do they require rebuilds?

Does it use the same oil feed/drain?

Did you import from America if so long do they take to arrive?

TIA

MAJIK

Price varies due to pound to dollar and import tax. Budget around 2K should get change not much!

Mine took about 3 weeks.

Not sure on oil think ya do change 1 thing.

Dont require rebuild. :lol:

Whats cost of new G-lader if ya blow yours?

Only giving max cost like i said does vary slightly!

Don't expect change from £2k for a G-lader either. That's from the dealer and if they can get one for you. KA-CHING!!!!!!!

Its worth every penny. No rebuilds to worry about, more boost than the engine can take if you want it, more torque I believe, no changes needed except maybe a smaller belt. Old oil feed needs destroying for the copper banjo and inserting into new pipework.

Comes with good instructions now I've asked them to modify them slightly (fit oil feed pipes to car before bolting in charger as there is little access after and you will have to remove it again)

You could do with a sign on your car though saying 'no there is nothing wrong with my car'

There is also a Uk supplier in the pipeline for this year apparently? Not sure who?