Sign in to follow this  
spoier

Disconnected wires - thanks previous owner

The more I dig, the more little things I find, I suppose that's to be expected though. If anyone can help me identify these wires and what there's supposed to be connected to, it would really help.

First victim - this is just a two-wire connector, both ends are there, it was just disconnected - my guess is this is for the AC system which is non functional (fine by me, I'm going to yank it all I think, clean up the engine bay - hardly ever hot enough to use it in the northwest anyway)

disconnected.jpg

Second is a bit more worrying, hopefully its more AC stuff but I'm not sure. Two wires on the left, I can get the colours better if needed, and what looks like some sort of ground maybe on the right?

isv-discon.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help. Off to try emissions test tomorrow - rate my chances of a pass about 50/50. poor little abused Corrado! I'll make it right tho.

Skye

mate, do you want to flog your A /C to me? I have a friend who is an engineer in this field and said he would fit it for me?

spoier, have you got factory A/C or after market stuff?

just been out and checked my G60 with Facotry A/c those wires dont exist bu my distributor

however the ISV one look a little more serious to me

have a look at the pic i just edited.

in spot marked 1 you can see a brown connector for a pressure switch (i think) make sure that is connected and has wire coming from it, the bit marked 2 in sure there is another single connector that goes somewhere there to a single pole sender of some sort.

if Air con is factory fitted may have a relay problem or need gasing (later i guess you have checked) trouble is i cant remember where the aircon relays are, they are either behind the dash near the spoiler switch (thought that could be the ABS ones) or near the battery, When you put the AC on can your hear the compressor start, normally a click, then if sationary the fan will cut in, Pulling air through the air con rad to cool the car.

Hope that is some help for you let me know what you find out

The no1 you've marked nigel is the temp switch for the after run of the rad fan, the awitch is located just to the left of the ISV rubber mounting there should be a brown wire connected to it you can always tell this wire as if you touch it to ground the fan will cut in, then there's no2 outline that is the fuel pressure switch which is a 2 terminal plug whic is probably the 2 wires that are hanging free as it doesn't look like the plug is connected in the first 2 pictures. Hope this helps

OK I'll check the afterrun and fuel pressure switches...

I'm pretty sure the afterrun switch is wired up because the fan does run for a little while after the car's been run hot and shut off.

What does the fuel pressure switch control?

Cutout for the fuel pump when a certain pressure is reached?

My exhaust does smell quite gassy, perhaps this has something to do with my rich mixture (well that and all the air leaks which I know about and the other ones I haven't yet found)

Thanks guys

This board is the best...

Skye