Sign in to follow this  
LowG

G60 power test!

Had a trip to meet Bilal from SNS for a few tweeks on my car. Recently i finished my intercooler install. Car has stock internals,68mm pulley rsr outlet, decat with 2.5 maybe 3 inch pipe,chip,ported charger,rsr outlet. I dont know what boost im runing and have a stock fuel pressure regulator which i think was making me struggle to squezze some more power. Car run 181 whp @5800 rpm and 189 lb/ft @4000 rpm of torque which we thought was a good result. The mystery thing was that the car was making power till 5800rpm rising when the 8v head is said to loose flow at 5.4-5.6 rpm, i guess that ic helps :p ,i will be headed to Bilal again to put my 3.5 fpr and a air fuel gauge and see any improvments we can make (maybe throw in a cam and 65mm pulley). I had a ride in Bilals Golf Raylle and its the bomb baby,the pull in 1 and 2 gear is amaizing as there is 0 wheelspin i love that car,lets not talk about the big bottle he has :wink: . Bilal really knows his stuff and addicted to go back to him as i need more power. After all shows that something went well with the corrado as there is always something bothering you (oh but i forgot to mention i didnt have power steering so not everything went well :lol: )

:D Next time you come down i'll turn the bottle on!

The bigger intercooler really makes a difference to the raddo. Everyone should ditch that puny standard thing and go for a front mounted one. It would also enable me to be more aggressive with the chips 8)

im in the process of doing a front mount. awaiting a few more bits.

got

rallye u-bend

3-2in reducer

600mmx180mmx45mm FMIC

2-2.25 reducer

Eurosport intake pipe from IC to TB

not sure if thats all ill need. know i need a few bits like flanges n that for the charger to mount the u bend but almost there.

hoping itll be mre efficient. had to cut a slight bit away so that i can mount it properly. not modded the bumper. tis rifght at the bottom below the number plate so should get air.

I've fitted one from a Golf G60. It's a good fit and looks nice and standard in the engine bay. They are very hard to find though, I had to get mine from Germany!

To get the most from them I think you have to open up the bumper and fit some mesh where the number plate is.

here a graph of that dyno,remember this is wheel horse power which is moer at the crank like usual dyno do,this is the real power that matters. Bilal you have to burn me some mad chip man when we fit the 3.5 fpr :twisted: .

kits are kinda thin on the ground. its a matter of getting a core and getting it to fit.

decide on pipe routing-will it be a single or dual pass IC. obviously a dial pass will allow std pipe routing to an extent. a u bend will be needed for single pass or custom end tanks and piping.

what size in and out of intercooler- are reducers needed.

can air flow to it alright with a std bumper.

You probly could just go n buy a full golf G60 setup-u bend, piping, ic etc but this would be expensive as u-bends and golf front mounts are rare.