Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Switches on 16V

Found this switch in the to do box at the weekend, Anyone know where it goes or what it does? I have a feeling it was bolted to the throttle body or inlet manifold.

switch2.jpg

Im also looking for the names and part nos of these 3 switches on the cylinder head Ive labelled them 1 2 and 3 in the photos.

switch3c.jpg

switch3a.jpg

first one fan over run switch puts the rad fan on with the ign off bolted to the front of the engine air filtter side

the other 3 are temp senders 1 for the ecu 1 for the cold start valve the other is for the temp gauge all senders the same i think

Rob :)

first one fan over run switch puts the rad fan on with the ign off bolted to the front of the engine air filtter side

Makes sense cus the fan always cut off when I stopped the ignition. Where does the wire connect to? Does it bolt onto the manifold?

Would I get those senders down the local GSF or do I have to go to a dealers for them?

gsf will be ok temp senders are about £10 each from vag

fan switch bolts on the top left hand head to inlet manifold bolt looking from the front of the car it under the plastic air pipe from the inlet pipe to the isv valve the tip of the switch should just touch the head wire should be hanging about there some where to check if it's the right wire with the keys out if you earth it the fan will come on

66781094.jpg

not on the car with t/bodys

33832413.jpg

you can't see it .it's under the pipe running across the front of the engine

in work at the moment will take a photo and get the colour of the wire when i get home :)

cheers a pic of the exact location would be helpful, I know the area your talking about I had an idea it went around there if I knew the exact location it would save me some time.

The body's really tidy the engine bay up a lot :)

hard to get good photo's not bolted on the manifold bolt as i said but bolted on the front left hand rocker cover bolt

fanswitch3.jpg

fanswitch1.jpg

wire is covered with black sleave but comes on of the main harness here

fanswitch2.jpg

Rob

Just over at GSf and I don't think they do temp senders, they were asking for specific bar on each sensor. Im nearly sure its the ecu sensor I need but I don't have a model number for it. Might need to go direct to a dealer to get them.