Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

G60 problem

im pretty sure my vacuum hose (tb to ecu) has a hole in it, the car has not power belwo 3500revs and i've scoured the forum looking for a diagram to no avail, i reckon i can get it fixed with a new hose if i could just find out whats what!

anyone here care to show me the light?

cheers.

any comments on fixing this problem yourselves post away please!

oh and would it be worth cleaning out the ISV with some brake cleaner while im around that area?

replace the hose ensuring it is exactly the same internal diameter and exactly 1m long and you will be back in buisness so to speak, the symptoms your describing sound exactly like what happened to mine when i had a hole in the same line.

IIRC the vaccum hose needs to be between 95mm and 1 meter long, the diameter is also very important.

Try a search on the forum, i´m sure you´ll find lots of information about this issue. :)

Keep posting!

do vw sell these as a pre cut 1m length or can the right stuff be bought anywhere else, what is the correct internal size as im not sure the one on mine is correct as without tight clips its not a very snug fit

VW do sell it, but it's off a roll, so you're best off buying 110cms and trimming it to exactly 100cm yourself so that you're 100% that some muppet hasn't trimmed it too short! ;) :lol:

The internal diameter is 3.5mm 8)

cheers henny, erm yeah just checked an off cut from mine and its 4mm will have to get some more does anyone else do it or is it cheap from vw anyway ??

henny they now do a henry turbo vacum cleaner 8)

the pipe runs from the ecu under the flimsey plastic scuttle panel cover throught the scuttle panel into the engine bay

its the only pipe connected to the ecu

the ecu is at the rear right hand side of the engine bay (looking at it from the front) under the black plastic cover

it's dirt cheap from VW anyway... just go there and you'll be sure you're getting the correct stuff then... 8)

Right after 20minutes trying to find the right hose i *think i found it! its a very small black fabric braided hose?

anyway it goes into the ecu and as somebody told me, its the only hose going in. i smeared fairy liquid all over the bloody thing (the bits i could reach) started her up no bubbles and no sucking noises naathing, am i still looking in the wrong place or is there another explanation?

Gonna have to wait till next week before i can get time to pull off the hose. in the mean time is there anything else i can look for?

at worst could it be charger wear? needing a service or something?

oh one other thing.

can somebody explain why the length of the hose makes a difference and why a split makes such a big difference? thankee :D

(does this also account for a rich mixture?)

could account for rich mixture, G60's have something called AFC or air flow control, basically the pulses of air that are sent to the ECU tell the ECU what to do and if its broken or split there will be a lack of air and therefore a change in how the ECU acts.

check ure O2 sensor for rich mixture, also look at your FPR to see if its in range.

just been to my local vw garage and asked for a metre of the tube and the parts bloke dissapears into the stock room and comes back with a piece of the tube, so i asked him if it was exactly 1 metre and he said i think so i will just get a tape measure, he measured it and it was 900mm and said ah it will be ok, so i explained to him that it wasnt ok and that it had to be 1metre he then went back into the stock room and came back out and said the bit that was left on the drum was'nt long enough either :mad:

i will have to go somewhere that has a clue i think :wink:

Gonna have to wait till next week before i can get time to pull off the hose. in the mean time is there anything else i can look for?

at worst could it be charger wear? needing a service or something?

Takes 2 mins to pull this off and measure it, would just check this first before you worry about other things