Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

WHERE CAN I BUY SOME TYRES & FITTED FOR MY VR- PREF IN K

One of my tyres has had it (rear driver side) I pumped it to 35psi the other day and 2 days later it is flat!

You have to love these cars, if it's not one thing, it's another! :lol:

Anyway, I'm looking for a set of toyo t1s tyres, since I don't mind trading a bit of bad wet grip for improved dry grip. can anyone advise what size is best to buy? 195/205 etc. I don't mind driving to get them if they can fit them for a decent price.

:? Thanks 8)

One of my tyres has had it (rear driver side) I pumped it to 35psi the other day and 2 days later it is flat!

Anyway, I'm looking for a set of toyo t1s tyres, since I don't mind trading a bit of bad wet grip for improved dry grip. can anyone advise what size is best to buy? 195/205 etc. I don't mind driving to get them if they can fit them for a decent price.

Ive got 205/17 toyo proxies on mine. I bought them from mytres.co.uk who delivered them in no time then took them to rsr tyres, to get them fitted, which are just past bromley common going towards locksbottom.

thanks for the info. But my vr is on factory rims- will have to check but pretty sure it is 205/55/16

I know the place you mean actually, not far at all. So I take it rsr charge a fair bit for there tyres if you bought them from mytyres instead? how long was delivery?

thanks for the info. But my vr is on factory rims- will have to check but pretty sure it is 205/55/16

I know the place you mean actually, not far at all. So I take it rsr charge a fair bit for there tyres if you bought them from mytyres instead? how long was delivery?

tbh i didnt even get a quote from rsr for tyres as i thought they would be stupid money. It only took a couple days for the tyres to be delivered. RSR's phone number is 0208 462 7747 if you want to get a quote.

standard tyre size on the VR rims is 205/50/VR15.....55's would be too chunky looking.....and if you go down to 195's you can run the risk of you're insurance voiding any claim you have if you are in an accident

yea, will get either 45 or 50s. I know they do toyo t1r in 50 but not sure if they do a t1s in that size, I might just get the t1rs off my tyres since there only £45 per tyre.

Sidcup tyre centre at the lights by sidcup station coming down from the high street...good blokes in there always helpful. if they havent got it they can get it, usually pretty fast too also reasonably priced.

thats very handy, I will see if there both open today and maybe I can compare prices to fit since I have already ordered the tyres. There is a kwik fit very near me, you know the one on the one way system opposite the duck pond and near the orpington by pass, but think I will give them a miss.

Can't help noticing that you've said your tyre has had it because you've pumped it up and it's gone flat. It could be a leaking valve, rim seal problem or just a puncture. Perfectly repairable possibly.

You can get T1-S OR T1-R tyres for £45-50 delivered from places such as http://www.camskill.co.uk, expect to pay up to £10 a corner to have them fitted though, if you do need new tyres that is...

I know, but to be honest, I have been looking for an excuse to get some decent rubber on there, I keep kidding myself that theres not much tread left anyway but I could probably do another 10k with the current tyres, but hey whats the point in having a Corrado VR if you'r going around in average tyres? lol.

I'm pretty sure you cant get the t1s in 205/15 size, but yea, paid £45 a corner for the t1rs. Should really upgrade bushes brakes while I'm there but then I would want suspension aswell, all good things ay...

Aha I see ;-) I totally agree about driving on average or below average tyres. I bought 4 T1r tyres and am well happy with them. You could get T1s in 205 50 15, I bought some for my Golf last year. The T1r seems to wear more slowly and has better wet grip than the T1s imo so you should be fine!