Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Would this intercooler fit my Corrado G60

Any chance you might be able to get hold of another one? :D
I can get these for anybody who wants them - I'll get a price from the manufacturers on Tuesday.

ah ha you see the WRX intercooler! yeah its really easy, bit of custom hose and a custom mounting solution, also custom venting and voila you have a blingin setup!, more flow!

Steve did you manage to get prices on the intercooler? :D
Yeah - I can supply coolers the same as mine for £115 + vat

The inlet & outlet pipe diameter is 60mm (very similar to throttle body). A reducer will be required from the alloy charger outlet from 76mm to 60mm. Ideally, a Golf G60 alloy U-bend charger outlet would also be required - Darren (G-Werks) has some of these, if you need one.

There is a link to some pictures is my sig.

I cant remember if i asked you this before?? but what is the size of the Vito Intercooler? I am interested in getting hold of one of these from you as they look like the better option at the moment..

When shopping for an intercooler i would suggest to pay attention at

- core size

- core type

- endtank design

- position placed

I would get a core sized up according to the position the intercooler will be placed, no point having a flat and long core if the area of direct airflow is small.

Core types vary, 2 major groups are tube/fin and bar/plate. Bar/plate tend to be slightly better but nothing to be fussed about.

Endtanks design is important for smooth airflow and no turbulence. I was looking at the Vito intercooler and those endtanks look very sharp which is a bad thing in terms of airflow. Most endtanks mass produced aren't desinged at their best. You will find that Cast endtanks flow much better.

To position a decent intercooler in the Corrado might be a challange if the front will be kept stock. I would make use of the grille area by using a short thick core. Otherwise chop holes :lol: in your bumper or get an RS type.

I have used Porsche 944 intercoolers with good results, they wont fit in stock bumper tho.

In a perfect world i wouldn't put a diesel truck intercooler for performance use, but saying that to replace the stock unit i think this wont do you any harm at all.

Good quality cores and endtanks can be bought from spearco.

In UK a good place to get a core or intercooler made up to your specs is at Pace product http://www.paceproducts.co.uk/php/ , they make the cores in house for you to a size you want.

rgds

mike_g60, The cooler is 790mm total width, the core is 630mm x 180mm x 50mm & it has alloy header tanks. The inlet & outlet are both 60mm diameter.

It is about the widest cooler that will fit onto a G60 - as you can see from the picture. The cooler is not yet mounted to the car but the picture will give you an idea of it's size relative to the car.

Have you fitted this set up and run it yet stevemac?
Not yet, haven't had time.

I'm gonna run the car for approx 500 miles & then get it re-chipped. New charger, cylinder head, piston rings, etc are still a little tight. I want to have the car rolling roaded before I fit the cooler & then again afterwards. Then I'll be able to say exactly how much difference it makes.

I doubt I'll have time to get the car to a rolling road before I go to LeMans in June. It's likely to take that long to set-up the adjustable cam timing to where it best suits the new cam.

I beleive it is an Audi RS2 Intercooler which is grafted and sits in the front bumper. It was not cheap £525 from vag. There was someone on here who was selling one for £300 the other week

anything can fit mate.. just how much money do you want to spend?!

Main things to bare in mind is the piping your going to use... I would say you want to use as much hard piping as possible to over come any expansion of rubber hoses.

1.jpg

Heres mine, evo 7 intercooler, bought for 40quid :D cos some idiot jet washed it :roll: All of my hosing (apart from the connections 2 intercooler and charger) is being made from stainless and is a bit of a monster job but its getting there, also making inlets for the charger out of stainless 2 fit a pair of cone filers on, one either side.

What subaru intercooler you talking about? the sti wrx one that sits on top of the engine, if so I have one sitting here that i could b persuaded to part with, its the denso part and quite compact, I originally planned 2 put it where the original one sits but the evo one came up cheap.