Sign in to follow this  
randal

Have I missed anything?

Next week, ze rado is getting some new shocks/springs etc.. (finally) and a 40mm drop. The kit comprises of everything needed, vr6 top mounts to mk3 golf bump stops and every other component that C&R drop into the Weitec kit with comfort pack.

Since I'm going to be getting creative I've also plucked:

*new discs and pads all roung (brembo max+brembo rears with green stuff for the front and vw pads for the rear)

*new wheel bearings all round

*wishbone bushes front and rear

*ARB bushes and drop links

Is there anything I've missed as I have this nasty feeling I have!

Thanks in advance

randal

You might need some new bolts, cos sod's law some of them will shear off, but other than that it sounds like a nice setup :)

Oh yes, I'm betting that 15 years of driving and weather is going to have made some of those bolts an absolute arse to deal with.

Fortunately I have access to a well stocked workshop with air lines, oxy acetaline, and mucho mucho toolage. :D

I'm hoping so, don't want to get caught out with this so I'm taking every precaution. Reason being it's my daily driver, and I'm doing the work over the weekend - perfect time for GSF and VW parts to be well, closed!

randal

nah, it's an early valver. probably not so much a bad thing - one less thing to replace/repair :)

Ball Joints, Ball Joints!!! Easy to do when it's apart and makes a HUGE difference. Doesn't cost much either.