Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Well I just bought a Golf...

cool, i've always quite liked tubo diesels, you can thrash em hard and still get good mpg. reasonable performance these days too, specially with a remap.

I remember when my dad got one of the first Mk4 PD's and he gave me a shot when we picked it up. I was driving a Mk2 8v Gti at the time and just could not believe how quick it felt. I borrowed it to drive from Scotland to Milton Keynes and it was amazing but as soon as I got back in my GTi I knew I would never buy a diesel unless I had too. Wallet says yes but heart says no.

Look nice. I would put a set of 17" Monte Carlo's on it. The standard wheels arent up to much.

I've recently spoken to a guy who owns a breakers yard who it turns out I used to know a while back... he's now on the lookout for a written off 2.0 TDI VW for me which he'll do me a decent price on...

if converting to diesel....i assume you need to change the fuel tank/lines ?....and also would you need to change the dials to the mk4 dials?

corradowales, don't think you need to change the tank or the lines, but the clocks will need to be used 'cos they've got the imobiliser bits inside 'em... I'm still working out what to do about fuel pumps though... :|

Or you could do something interesting as I'm planning on doing with a set of '92 passat Diesel clocks and the circuit board out of the TDI's clocks... ;) :twisted: I want J-DUB to look pretty much standard but cleaned up a little, until you either start her up, or open the bonnet... ;) :lol: