Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

VR6 starter wiring.........Urgent answers PLZ

I have just removed the front crossmember on my VR and when i looked on the top half of the mount there is like a little fork type thing seems to be a type of locater for the mount to sit correctly.............i dont know where it goes or does it even do owt????..........i now need to refit the whole thing.

Yes it does do something. It engages with the engine bracket and stops it (the mtg) turning when you tighten the top fixing bolt. Just browsed my photo file but haven't got one of this, but the fork thing should be pointing backwards, ie towards the engine. HTH

update, its all mounted up i now need to know how the starter wiring goes......theres a plug which connects to the starter(Done)

a big thick positive that comes from the battery to the solenoid of the starter(done)

a small wire thats on the wiring loom near the starter possibly an earth ive put this on one of the starter bolts.

fired the car up and the oil warning and battery light stays on..what could be wrong??? :(

have you plugged the blue wire back in? baclk plug that sits on top of the engine mount. that should sort out the battery light.

im so f**kd well the brake warning light is on only on bcos the handbrake is on :D ........i forgot to notice that one......the battery light is still on and i narrowed it down to one wire, there is a black wire that comes from the altenator, pretty thick it is i need to know where it goes.

it goes on the starter motor. where the other big thick wire from the positive battery terminal goes. that's the main feed back to the battery from the alternator.