Sign in to follow this  
VR6

Turn2 Cold Air Induction Kit

Just following on from my thread about induction kits for my VR...I have now received and fitted my Turn2 cold air induction kit (http://www.turn2usa.com) and thought I'd let you know my findings.

Price: Not a very good point - the kit works out at approx £140 delivered. I only say that it's not a good point but that is compared to other options available and not a reflection on the kit itself.

Customer Service: A very good point! They answer e-mails very promtply (a couple of times, within minutes!), they know what they're talking about and what the status of your order is, they have a forum for technical/product queries and they are most of all very friendly.

Quality: I am of the opinion that you get what you pay for with this kit - it looks a superb piece of design and manufacturing.

Fitting: First off, I am not what you'd particularly very mechanical although I am quite competent with a set of tools. I found that the fitting was very easy - took about 2 hours altogether although it may take longer if you decide to relocate the carbon cannister, whereas I decided to remove it altogether!. The hardest (read, most fiddly) was attaching the K&N cone filter once the rest of the system was in place, although this should be a doddle if you have the car up. I jacked the front of the car at one corner and found it not too bad apart from having to do everything by touch.

Results: Once the car had warmed up sufficiently to put my foot down a bit, I noticed that the throttle response seemed to improve quite a bit throughout the revs and there was a very nice added growl to go with it. It's not a deafening growl but it sounds bloody sweet.

So there ya go!