Sign in to follow this  
andy.b

ABT POWER ROHR for my VR6

Hello people, i have just bought may's issue of performane VW and there is a VR6 Golf in there with a cone filter with ABT POWER ROHR. what is this BT POWER ROHR? where can i get one from? and how much are they?

on my corrao i have got a full CDA induction kit with vented wing.

A power rohr is an aluminum (normally, could also be stainless steel) pipe which simply replaces the black plastic pipe from the airbox to the throttle...

If you've got the CDA then you're already one step up from a Power Rohr and cone filter, so stick with what you've got! 8)

Rohr is German for pipe, and all it is as henny said a slightly bigger bore metal version of the standard intake hose. It's also free of the OE part's internal ribbing etc, which is said to smooth the airflow and increase power.....hmmm, of course it does.

oh, and just to add to what kev says, they reckon that 'cos it's got a thinner wall than the standard plastic ones, they make a little more induction noise... :| :roll:

I can still put one of these on though and keep my CDA filter and that wont i? so all it does is make more induction noise? how much are they?

Have a look here, i had one made up to delete the breather inlet to keep things a bit cleaner....

Do you get a lot of oil vapour fumes come off the breather filter though? I've fitted the Bonrath rohr, but have noticed the fumes once the engine has warmed up - thinking of using a longer hose with the breather attached and maybe vent it somewhere lower in the engine bay?.... :?

I'm using a stroeve oil catch tank so no i havn't noticed any fumes since plumbing it all in, it did stink before i connected it though. Just a breather filter in the original location would work but they tend to get clogged up with oil and can drip on the exhaust manifold. I'll take a pic when i pop out in a minute...