Sign in to follow this  
tug

GSF Brembo discs

I need new front brake discs for my VR and noticed that GSF do Brembo ones for £26, the same price as ATE ones at ECP.

Which discs should I get? Are the Brembos better than the ATE ones?

Many thanks.

ATE are the original equipment manufacturer and Brembo are also good, so I don't think either would be a bad choice! In standard size and using normal pads, I don't think you're going to notice any difference between the two.

Yeah, everything's standard. Reckon the decision's going to come down to which company has the cheapest postage! :)

Cheers.

Also check out the Brembo grooved that GSF sell, there more expensive than genuine VAG but a mate of mine has just stuck them on a mk3 and reckons they are superb!

I've got the Brembos up front on mine, and I'm very happy with them. So much so have now gone for Brembos front and back.

At the moment I'm running them with Pagid FR's, but this time the guy stopped me from getting Pagid FR's and recommended EBC Green Stuff. I'll give them a go, if they suck it's back to FR's. 8)

Well, I've decided to go with the Brembos. One reason being that GSF in Glasgow are only about 5mins from my flat, hence no postage costs! :)

Already got Pagid FR pads on the front, so should be able to notice any difference between the Brembo discs and the ATE ones that are coming off.

Thanks again.

Well I collected the Brembos from GSF this morning, as ECP's £52 for a pair of discs somehow translated in £79 including VAT! GSF charged me £61.10 in total for the pair, which is what I was expecting.

Is it just me, or do the prices on the ECP website bear no resemblance whatsoever to their actual prices?