Sign in to follow this  
chaz g60

isv was disconected

hi just after buying my g60 (about 6 months ago) my car started rev up in idle anyway i took it back and they seemed to of fixed the problem

i noticed after they just disconected the isv ! i put it back on and the car reved up, but drove fine without . i orderd a new one and when i put it on i lost loads of throtle response now it wont start or drive without it??? i also tryed the isv off my old golf gti which revd up too??? with the new one though my cars really guttless :cry: ????

hmmmmm....sometimes this can be caused by excess beef fumes being taken in . theres no options left...youll have to offer it to the gods.......i suggest a sacrifice by burning. wash it with petrol inside and out...then dry it with an englands glory.

nice one i tried that already several times keep having to replace the seats and the beef always helps g60s you should know that

so it idles ok and everthing with the new isv...but its lost throttle response?...

yeah idles ok but diferant response now it wont start with out it though and it did before the new one went on ???

I suspect the chain of events may have been -

ISV became faulty; instead of replacing the faulty part, it was disconnected; adjustments were then made to the ignition system to account for the lack of functunal ISV.

I reckon that the ISV should be reconnected & the ignition system readjusted back to it's correct settings. You will then have a fully functioning car .. :wink:

Alternatively, there could be a fault with the ISV wiring ?

what sort of adjustments are we talking about ???

somthing i could takle without involving the useless local mechanics??

If possible, I would contact whoever disconnected the ISV & ask them what they did to the settings. The it's just a case of re-adjustment.

It may be that the car has some kind of problem that caused the idle problems in the first place - unrelated to the ISV.

dont know if the garage will even know what theyve done to be honest they dont seem to be the best regret buying it from them really cheers though i'll get it checked this week

another thing i've noticed is when stopping at lights the revs go right down almost to cutting out about 400!??

think it could be some airflow issue??

another thing i've noticed is when stopping at lights the revs go right down almost to cutting out about 400!??

think it could be some airflow issue??

This will be because you have no ISV fitted & working correctly.