Sign in to follow this  
Blimey

Engine stops

Hi Guys,

I have a problem:

When my C is parked up on a slope and I start it up it does not idle, the engine constantly stalls, it take a while of driving for it to start behaving itself and idle at about 8-900 rpm.

I see this when the car is facing either up or down a slope but does not happen when it is on the flat.

Does anybody have any ideas? Could this be fuel pump related?

Cheers All..

Hi mate

I would say its your fuel pump, get it checked to see if theres power there and even test the pressure as it may not have the balls to really push the fuel when on a slope. My friend had the same problem and we always had to push the car to make it level and it worked.

See what other people say, im sure its your pump though. Kev was chatting about pumps too, maybe our C's are in season!

Alright Rams, cheers for the reply m8... it does sound fuel pump related. Interesting your bud had the same, be good to see if anyone else has had it as well, C's are temperamental buggers!!

Can't really complain mind you, its the first thing that has gone wrong in 2 yrs of ownership!!

I've got a very similar problem - when cold and wet on a slope it just doesn't want to know until I rev it for a while?? Could it be the pump??