Sign in to follow this  
Rams

funny noise from CC sensor

I removed my CC and took it off completely and my car took longer to start so I connected it all back up and exteded the hoses so I could move it down into the bottom the the wing / wheel arch. Because my inner arch isnt there the cc wouldnt stay up without falling out if I was to drive the car and didnt want to tape it on .

I moved the cc down onto the sub fram where it lies straight and in front of the alternator and the bit on the end off the cc fits nicely into the hole on the subframe or cross member which ever it is.

Anyway, sorry, my point is that the valve that the senson is connected to (green) makes a ticking noise like it is pulsating air,I know it should but the noise sounds like my engine tappity when its not.

Do I just need a new valve?

Since I connected it back up the car starts much quicker, so I would recommend that people dont remove and just re locate it to help the air feed to the relative air system you use.

And I thought it was just my imagination that something was different when I took mine off. Im now convinced to put it back on relocated or you could have had my valve.

Sorry not to be any help but cheers for stopping me for thinking im going mad. :lol: