Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

bonnet lifters'n'mud flaps

Wanted to fit bonnet lifters to my baby, but a couple of stands at gti all said due to the way the raddo bonnet opens im wasting my time. They had stocked them but got so many complaints they stopped selling them.

Anyone had any success with these? :?

and, if i can sneak this one on the same thread!....

Can you get proper moulded mud flaps to fit a corrado?

And yes, i know they look about as cool as your gran in hot pants. :shock:

Dont know about the lifters, but as for the mud flaps i think answer is yes you can get proper mud flaps. I was behind a C the other day that had some. They looked like OE. Have a word with your local stealer, i would have thought you can still get them.

do a search for bonnet lifters, mine used to have little ones either side of the bonnet (removed before i bought it) and i took some photos of where the bolts attach. IIRC they're lifters intended for a mk3 golf sold by euro car parts and they work just fine! I plan on getting some back on when funds allow...

cheers guys, will check out euro tonight i think. would'nt bother, but as the bonnet is up so much........................

inyxx (or however it is spelt) make a single bonnet lifter for the corrado and mine works just fine

i'm sure its inxx who make the twin lifters too rob, i had a single one on my valver and it worked great in terms of lifting up the bonnet, but didnt really offer any advantage in terms of access to the engine as it still got in the way.

Rob_B, the single lifter will only fit the EARLY bonnets... if you've got a humped rather than a dipped bonnet, it won't fit... (voice of bitter experience here... :roll: )

chris - youre right - inxx from eorucarparts - i fitted'em to mine and chris's, now yours - you gotta be careful where you drill the bonnet - remove an existing wing bolt to fit ball on which the strut mounts and grind the ball socket on the strut otherwise theres insufficient range of movement to allow the bonnet to open and the ball either pops off or tries to pull out the ball mount from the wing. Not as bad as it sounds - took a little bit of mucking around but you know me and chris normally find an answer:)

PS - you'll have to call round so i can measure the position of the holes in the bonnet - the reason its critical is because theres a small area of the bonnet where its double skinned and will accept a tap to fit the strut ball mount.

Open for business if anyone wants these fitted - i'll have to remember to get some pics :wink:

...and as for the stands at GTI saying they don't work - well they just weren't imaginative enough - took me and chrisvr6NOS about 20mins to sort out and they never failed - until the strut expired that is - but that happens to all struts eventually

Anyone got any pics of a lifter fitted?

I got an INXX one at Inters for £15, but I can't for the life of me see where it fits! then agin, mine's a late car, so I guess that explains why it won't go anywhere......just had the bloody bonnet painted inside and out too, so I don't fancy drilling it.

Christ!

It never surprises me how many times this topic comes up.

Oh how I chuckle :D

It's just not that hard, a little common sense and it's done.

Or you could use a pocket-sized device which can harness fusion, the energy source of the Sun, with the help of crystals no bigger than a sugar cube has been developed by scientists. The "pocket fusion" device, described today in the journal Nature, raises new possibilities in fields as diverse as space propulsion, medical diagnostics, cancer treatment and the hunt for concealed weapons. Now there are a handfull of scientists that describe a breathtakingly simple way to fuse atoms with the help of a crystal. They fused atoms of deuterium - heavy hydrogen - using a pyroelectric crystal to generate a beam of charged particles - deuterium ions - to bombard a deuterium target. they are getting about 1,000 neutrons a second, you could use the energy from this to fuse the fittings to the VR6 bonnet, this could solve the fixing/fitting problem some people are experiencing with this modification.

HTH :lol:

Chris

Thanks guys, some picks would be a help. Especially of the nuclear fusion route, i can think of a few application this may be of use for, such as keeping the bottom of my headlight in the car after breaking off the 3rd bracket yesturday fitting a bulb!

I have two tabs that are snapped on mine but what the f**k, everything else is f**ked or just not working on my car anyway.

Here's something that might change your life and even may make you a better person too!

Read as much of it as you can but especially the questions at the bottom but these make more sense if you've read the text on the way down, don't forget to click the link to view more questions, it's fantastic, it had me crying!

THIS BRASS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!

Chris