Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

VR RUNNING ROUGH- NOW WON'T START!

Hi People,

The poor old VR has been idling quite loudly and now there is nothing at all when I turn it over. The AA man didn't know what was wrong with it when it was running, but it was coming from the cylinder head area. He said the chains are fine, but I need help!

thanks, Sam. :roll:

Not sure if you're being descriptive enough for people to help with suggestions, post a bit more info and i'm sure many brains will get into gear.

Chris

Think there needs to be a bit more info as Chris pointed out.

How does he know the chains are fine? Perhaps he could have a look at the rest of the VR's on here :)

the aa man did have a look, he merely pointed out that because the engine fired up fine, the chains were in order otherwise the engine wouldn't of started. I did have a look at the chains and everything seemed in order but then I have never seen one on it's way out so don't have much to compare to. The noise was definitley coming from the top of the engine- or the cylinder head area. I have a suspicion it may be the camshaft or valves? I could feel the resonance of the engine through the steering wheel though and I would never dream of driving my vr in that state. I think thats the best way I could sum it up really. I really don't want to sell up but I really have my doubts at the moment....