Sign in to follow this  
dubmad

fuel pump wont switch off!!

when i switch the car off i noticed the fuel pump was still running i stood there for around 5 mins and it was still doing this!! i have never noticed it before so im guessin this is definetly not normal as i cant see why it would be!! any ideas why it would be doing this?

also under hard acceleration the car begins to backfire and wont accelerate anymore also sometimes shooting flames, could this be linked or is it just my boost that is blowing the plugs out as under half acceleration it is fine i am running standard plugs.

I thing I did I terrible mistake. my g60 fuel pump used to stay on for a long time too, so I took it to a mechanic and he fixed it(or not) it used to stay on for about 3-4 minutes. now it just shut off when I turn the ignition off .I saw him do something in the fuse box took out a couple of relay's and replaced them. can someone tell me what he did? I can ask him but he is somewhat far from where I am.

thanks.

you could try writing the problem down on a piece of paper ....then giving it to a carrier pigeon to take it to the mechanic to ask him?......alternitavly you could ring him?? :wink:

hmmm why did't I think of that....thanks man. but I really dont know his phone no.