Sign in to follow this  
Blown

to fot or not to fit-That is A question.

Bought a TSR 8v manifold at inters and a Vibratech front mount to match.

The bloke at the stand advised that I would have to get a Lambda probe fitted,but the pipe looks to thin to be drilled and tapped to take the threading of a sensor.Is it:

a)possible to fit the manifold without the probe and have the ecu remapped or

b)weld a nut to the pipe to take the lambda sensor and cross my fingers that the weld holds out for the next five years or

c)sell the thing and hold out for someone to do a full system :roll:

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

the lambda goes either in the cat or if you dont have one the de-cat pipe...where is the lambda probe fitted at the moment then?

The probe isnt fitted to the TSR pipe nor is there anywhere on the pipe to fit one.

It would have to be an engineering job I guess.Still got the cat on the car,as the manifold is waiting to be fitted, if thats wot you mean.

Going to buy a new probe to fit to the TSR pipe(if this works that is)

sorry do you mean a 4 into 1 manifold that elimates the std mani & cat all together.. i guess you do ehh !! dohh sorry..... yeah weld a nut to the mani and screw the lambda proba into that..

i could do it for you if you want ...

On your four branch manifold be sure to locate the lambda probe at a point as close to the egine as possible and where it can sample gas from all four cylinders. what system are you joining this to, and what is the current bhp output of your C?

On your four branch manifold be sure to locate the lambda probe at a point as close to the egine as possible and where it can sample gas from all four cylinders. what system are you joining this to, and what is the current bhp output of your C?

Joining it to a Jetex system and the C's been rolling roaded at 183bhp.

8vG60

Yeah,it's a 4-1 and gets rid of the cat and thanks for the offer but I've got someone who can do the job locally-lot of postage to send it all the way to Sussex! :lol:

Blown, will interesting to see what gains you get from this manifold. Keep us posted.

BUM!!!!!! :( :( :(

Have looked at the existing manifold on the car and it seems to be in three parts-the manifold,which bolts to a spring flexi joint(at a90deg angle-i.e comes straight out from the engine and down)which is part of a pipe about 10 inches long,then that bolts to a pipe into the cat.

The TSR pipe is one continuous pipe from the head to the system,with a slight angling to clear the bulkhead,and looks to be about 4inches too short to meet the system :roll:

The short of it is that without removing the existing mani,I wont know for sure if the TSR one will fit properly.

Methinks I've been sold a pipe for a mk2 golf 8v gti :x

Just in case ,does anyone know of any other manufacturer that does a manifold for a G60 that will by-pass the cat?

On my old 8v gti (which is now for sale :wink: ) i've got exactly the same product, - the 4branch tsr stainless manifold. If you want, i can measure this so you can see if they've given you the wrong one or not. - I've got a feeling though, that most of the 8v manifolds are the same but don't quote me on that. If you are in the market for another one i imagine volkspeed are the people to call, - They do loads of g60 specific stuff and no doubt one suitable for your application.