KarmannVR6

Click click click. Relay 67

Been doing some work on the vr over the past couple days, and have had the battery removed. Connected it up today and started the car. It started ok however if i leave the ignition on position 2 without starting the car the blue relay number 67 clicks rapidly and i can hear the fuel pump whiring away.

Basically it seems that the fuel pump is supplying fuel to an engine which isnt running.

Is the relay shot or have i done somthing to the ecu by disconecting the battery?

Thanks.

Ive changed the relay with no success.

Am i right in thinking the fuel pump primes for a moment when the ignition is turned on then goes off untill the engine is started?

If so what could be making the fuel pump stay on?

ive reset the ecu, but still the pump tries to supply fuel to an engine which isnt running, plus a upsetting click click click from the relay.

Anyone got any ideas?

Am i right in thinking the fuel pump primes for a moment when the ignition is turned on then goes off untill the engine is started?

Yep thats right, Do you have an imobiliser?

did you have any luck with this as mine has started doing that today.

Its a valver, dont know if the fuel pump is on etc but my 12 relay number 67 spazzes out when i turn my ignition?

i also disconected my battery, i thought it had ran out but as it wouldnt start, it had started the day before and ran pretty poorly cutting out and taking a while to start again, now it wont go at all and its buzzing at me...

from what i can see all my wiring is fine etc...

I have no idea what could be wrong with my baby.

Please help.