Sign in to follow this  
mambomonkey

Dissapointing 1/4 mile

Has anyone heard of the G-tECH meter you can get? - Basically through a trick use of g-force e.t.c. it can determine your bhp, 0-60, 1/4 mile times e.t.c. accurate to tenths of a sec. by just being plugged into a power source (fag lighter)...Anyway just did a rough test on a strip of road near me nicknamed the 'mad mile' and got a dissapointing 16.08...Got a good start and pulled well through all gears except 1st.....(to be continued) - To give u an idea, my golf's got full g60 conversion including the box from a corr. with an sns chip, 68m steel pulley, filter and powerflow exhaust. It currently redlines at around 13psi (ish). Thing is, 1st gear feels so weak compared to the others that you almost get a clutch-slipping sensation (it's not) in so much as the car revs round but goes no-where. Is this just the norm for the corrado box's ratios or is somthing amiss? - Other than this, the only other probs i can think of with the car are a v.knackered front mount and possible boost leak?...?... - any suggestions welcome...

sh*t gear ratios on a G60 mate. same here.

i raced a new bmw 323 yesterday. first gear he left me-i panicked, thought he maybe a 330 or somethink the all of a sudden get catapulted past him by 3rd gear.

Just a point mate, they dont make the new bmw in a 323, all the model ranges are either 318. 320, 325, 330, M3.

So it could have been a 323 or 320 if it was on a old number plate style. :D I import cars! :D

Has anyone heard of the G-tECH meter you can get? - Basically through a trick use of g-force e.t.c. it can determine your bhp, 0-60, 1/4 mile times e.t.c. accurate to tenths of a sec. by just being plugged into a power source (fag lighter)...Anyway just did a rough test on a strip of road near me nicknamed the 'mad mile' and got a dissapointing 16.08...Got a good start and pulled well through all gears except 1st.....(to be continued) - To give u an idea, my golf's got full g60 conversion including the box from a corr. with an sns chip, 68m steel pulley, filter and powerflow exhaust. It currently redlines at around 13psi (ish). Thing is, 1st gear feels so weak compared to the others that you almost get a clutch-slipping sensation (it's not) in so much as the car revs round but goes no-where. Is this just the norm for the corrado box's ratios or is somthing amiss? - Other than this, the only other probs i can think of with the car are a v.knackered front mount and possible boost leak?...?... - any suggestions welcome...

How the hell can it determine your BHP!!! do you have to input any stats? weight or car, wheel size etc.??

on a slightly sarcastic note... Plug that it to the old aeroplane next time you go on holiday, see what BHP a jumbo has LMAO

A bit premature Nige! I wasn't sure about this, but having never heard of it, didn't wanna jump to a conclusion. Did a quick hunt on the net for their website, and they explain all the information...

http://www.gtechpro.com/gtechprocomp_howitworks.html (How It Works)

http://www.gtechpro.com/gtechprocomp_accuracy.html (Accuracy Info)

Looks quite cool, and quite reasonabley priced if you ask me.

Yep 1st gear is lame in G60's, way tooooo short. Try it a few more times and you should be able to get it in the mid 15's.

A bit premature Nige! I wasn't sure about this, but having never heard of it, didn't wanna jump to a conclusion. Did a quick hunt on the net for their website, and they explain all the information...

http://www.gtechpro.com/gtechprocomp_howitworks.html (How It Works)

http://www.gtechpro.com/gtechprocomp_accuracy.html (Accuracy Info)

Looks quite cool, and quite reasonabley priced if you ask me.

Like is said HOW and on a sarcastic note :LOL:

1/4 mile in G60 is really annoying 1st off first gear is cr*p and I always have to change into 4th gear about 50yards from the finish line so that takes a bit out of a good 1/4 mile my best with the mods I have carried out so far is mid-low 15's hopefully getting back up the pod once it's all setup to see how things have improved I still want to hit the mid 14's in my beast but maybe nitrous is the way to go for a bit of extra ooomph down the strip. I ve always wondered how those gadgets work I ve been very tempted in the past to get one but never actually bit the bullet and bought one if they are pretty accurate maybe it's worth it as it usually costs me about £70 a time to travel upto the pod and run up the strip for a day not very cheap!!!!

what best bet on a box.

You can buy 6 speed or a different 5 speed.

Anyone done this. either.

was thinking if my box died i may look for a VR box n have the gearset changed over. is this possible. will it work. does it cost lots.

a few vortexers seem to have changed stuff.

liam and steve at pitstop said that the 20v t boxes go in with small drive shaft mods i think......... Before i do this is it generally best to get out of 1st earlier for a 1/4 mile or redline it like the other gears?

Would be very interested if the 20vt box goes in. A friend of mine has a 20vt Seat Leon and the gearing on that is better for quick starts. (I usually overtake him by 3rd gear :D but top speed about same with my engine working harder 5 gears instead of his 6 :( )

the best my old g60 done was 15.5 up at the pod that had stage 4 charger chip and 68mm pully 165bhp@ the wheels 201 @ fly with 202 lb tork