Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Front Bumper + intercooler

Hello Folks,

How do you remove the front bumper is it easy. Has anybody installed a bigger intercooler without cutting the numberplate recess for an air feed if so where did you mount the intercooler and what were the Intercooler dimensions.

Cheers for any help

in the process of fitting my cooler.

waiting for the gasket and bolts for the u-bend the ill fit it.

i hope not to have to cut anything away.

ill take piccies when ive done

The bumper is easy enough to remove there are 4 bolts 19mm I think 2 each side and then the 5 bolts that hold the front spoiler bar and then all you need to remove it is gently prize the outer corners of the bumper round the plastic wheel arch mouldings then it'll pull out and then you can disconnect the fogs and indicator wires!! Job done :D

The bumper is easy enough to remove there are 4 bolts 19mm I think 2 each side and then the 5 bolts that hold the front spoiler bar and then all you need to remove it is gently prize the outer corners of the bumper round the plastic wheel arch mouldings then it'll pull out and then you can disconnect the fogs and indicator wires!! Job done :D

The bumper bolts are on each side you will see three all together, DONT i REPEAT DONT remove the middle ones. cos that might hurt you and your car.

The bumper bolts are on each side you will see three all together, DONT i REPEAT DONT remove the middle ones. cos that might hurt you and your car.

Hurt you?!? Try SQUISH YOU! :shock: (The middle bolt holds the sub-frame to the car! Undo it and the engine drops on you :!: )

I've not nearly done this by accident... Oh no, not me, never! :roll: :oops: