Sign in to follow this  
Linus Van Pelt

Milltek, Sports CAT & Re-map

Does anyone on the group (preferably with the same model as me) have the Milltek exhaust, Milltek Sports CAT and an ECU re-map?

Given that I'm more interested in smoothing out the performance & response rather than simply adding to the bhp, does this sound like a reasonable combination to go for?

I was very impressed after I got the Milltek exhaust at how the power delivery smoothed out under hard acceleration, so I'm looking to build on that.

My current insurance will let me have up to 10% from the exhaust modification, so I need to keep it below that figure (150bhp). I don't believe for one second the Milltek added that much but as that's what they claim, that's what the insurance people put it down as.

Yes, I will be getting a VR in the future, but my budget won't stretch that far for a few more years at least. Since I've already spent way too much on this car already to even contemplate selling it, I'm considering finishing what I started and then keeping it as the 'daily driver'.

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments most welcome! (including put your money away and wait for the VR)

Cheers all,

DtM.