Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Uprated exhaust mounts

Does anyone know where to get hold of a complete set of polyurethane or equivalent exhaust mounts for a VR6 with the bar type hangers? Powerflex just seem to do the centre ones, I'm also after the rear one with the mounting bracket etc. Thanks.

Are they generic for all fords or do I need to specify a model? They sound good for the centre mounts but I'm still after a replacement for the rear mount and bracket. The stereo wasn't working recently and the knocking of the milltek really started to get annoying. Seems to be hitting the bumper and axle, so want to stiffen the whole lot up.

Speak to C&R Enterprises in Nottingham for the chain ones as they do VW specific ones but I doubt they'll do the two rear ones as they're dealer only (hanger and rubber are one part).

And to be honest, you shouldn't have to feck around with the exhaust rubbers to make an expensive exhaust fit properly anyway.

You can wrap some tie wraps round the rubber to stiffen it up cheaply and easily.

polyurethane exhaust mounts are pony, they are too soft i had some on my mk1 gti once and they melted to what resembled mozzerella cheese!! :mad:

Think I'll have to go the tiewrap way then. Agree I shouldn't have to, just haven't had the thing right from day one. Must have one of the rare dodgy ones (not starting :wink: ), have tried several times to line it up with no success so the exhaust mounts were all I could think of next.

Thinking about it a plate was welded to the rear mounting bracket then slotted to give it more adjustment, so a uprated one would probably have no chance of helping.

Had to order all new disks and pads today, so the original idea of throwing it away and buying a supersprint will have to wait.