Sign in to follow this  
dannyc

worst seats ever!?!

The one I know of had black ones and I'm fairly sure the owner bought them new from VW about a year after getting the Storm, price was around the 2k mark...

Im 6'7 and can testify that the standard corrado seats are great, no problems at all for me!

16vC, 6'7 woah!! your a giant!

My standard leathers were great, leather to slide you across the seat, chunky leg bolsters to keep you in.. the G60 has cloth Recaro's, which have a very firm back support, but are still comfy. Have been considering finding a spare drivers seat to use as a computer chair!

i like my corrado seats. miena re slightly tighter than std, which i love, cause im small compared to most :lol:

the comfiest seats i've been in, my scirocco GTI seats in my mki. there mental decent. suit my posture very well.

i have a RSturbo Recaro in my living room i use to watch telly or play the station, and it gets uncomfortable very quicky.

black is too flat and un supportive and recaros (OE fit one, esp. corrado ones) are too wide.

Hey, I get enough of that at work :lol:

I do need to have the seat right to the floor though!

But of a coupe there really is a surprising amount of head and leg room

it must be down to the none adjustable lumbar supports. i love the fact that the seats can be lowered but its on that setting that it sticks right in my back. the back seats are the best looking you can get.

i'm smaller than the rest of you 5" 10 so thats probably why it digs in.

has anyone tried fitting rs turbo recaros?

I've seen a Storm with beige recaros as well and I remember a big discussion on this as well. You sure they weren't available to the Storm model?

It's very likely that you're right as maybe VW didn't have the Rec's available when they were pushing the 500 storms out...

Recaros were definately not available on the Storm.

In fact no factory extras at all were available when ordering the Storm, with the exception of auto transmission.

All down to production cost restraints enforced by VW when making the Storm exclusively for VAG UK.

Hey, I get enough of that at work :lol:

I do need to have the seat right to the floor though!

But of a coupe there really is a surprising amount of head and leg room

:lol: soz mate! at 6'2 i get loads of head and leg room. couldn't imagine anyone saying they're too small inside.

has anyone tried fitting rs turbo recaros?

yup. but they sit too high.

spot on for a mk2 golf tho, thats why everyone uses corrado subframes when doing so.

thus the seat is in my livingroom used for tv watching. when my derby is painted, itll go in that :)

mine were always the comfiest seats i`d ever sat in (not much to choose from in past cars tho`)

but in the last year i got fat! :(

and now they feel bad and hard to get out of....

not suggesting anything just my 2p.

I can vouch for that! :lol: :lol: ;-) Must be all that Stella!!

Recaro allll the way. I spent 18hrs sitting in them the other day (with the odd stop to hop out and stretch my legs) and felt fresh as a daisy by the end.

They're well worth the extra money :D

He didn't however make them smell fresh as a daisy... it's like he ate beans for a week.... My poor poor passanger seat.

Drove a Merc CLK (2000) back from Manchester, hated the seats quite uncomfortable and had no probs with the Recaros, admit they dont hold very well but they were good to sit in for 200-250 miles without a stretch.