Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Slight judder through steering when cornering. Any ideas?

I recently noticed what I can only describe as a slight judder through the steering when cornering. I can only feel it on very smooth road surfaces, but it seems to occur with every rotation of the wheels. It doesn't happen when going straight. Could it be a CV, bearing or driveshaft problem?

Will have the wheels off to change the brakes at the weekend so ideally want to sort any potential problems at the same time.

drive on full lock if it clicks/clunks its an outer cv

also check the track rod ends and ball joints

is the camber set correctly ? check tyre wear and look from the front of the car do the wheels look at the same angle ?

I used to get a judder/vibration occasionally on left hand bends when giving it some gas. Have just replaced the gearbox side engine mount which was totally knackered - not sure if this was the cause though !??

I had a similar problem on my valver, when I inspected the wishbones + ball joints I found one side was fairly worn and most of the bushes were worn out. I replaced both track rod ends the anti roll bar bushes and the ball joints and its seemed to solve things.