Sign in to follow this  
G-Laden

Front Ends

Whats the difference cosmetically between the 92' models and the previous ones? ive heard about different grilles/headlights etc but cant pinpoint any difference, need two pitures showing the two seperately!

cheers!

>92 valvers, all VR6's, and late G60's have slightly more flared wings, a bonnet that does __/--\__ as opposed to --\__/--, different front bumper with fogs and indi's that sit further forward.

I though the doors were different too on account of some seals, but it turns out I just had a 3rd party seal on my old driver's door. The only other striking difference on the doors is the mouldings (and door interior).

HTH

quote---randal

>92 valvers, all VR6's, and late G60's have slightly more flared wings, a bonnet that does __/--\__ as opposed to --\__/--, different front bumper with fogs and indi's that sit further forward.

I though the doors were different too on account of some seals, but it turns out I just had a 3rd party seal on my old driver's door. The only other striking difference on the doors is the mouldings (and door interior).

HTH

quote---randal

Cant quite understand what you mean there my friend!! does anyone have a picture to represent it?

the later raddos have whats called the " bulge bonnet " ...it was made to fit the larger vr6 engine in....the front arches were slightly wider too. the early bonnets had a dip in the middle.

One thing very few people realise is that the VR6 front cross member and rad support don't fit the earlier shell the same. They do fit but the small support bolts, for when you take the bumper off, have nothing to screw into. So you just have to support the engine if you take the front bumper off.

Jay

aha i see it now, cheers mate! think i prefer the earlier bonnet, they cant be too difficult to change over either in any case. those brocks look amazing on that black G60, a friend of mine has them on his 145 at the moment in a ridiculous size..

take a look