Sign in to follow this  
Jay_vr6

Bmc Cda fitted with cold air feed, Now mega temp probs...

I've had my Bmc cda box fitted for 2 months without the cold air tubing as i was to lazy to move the cc, car ran fine and the engine temp never got to 110 without some serious ragging. I've now relocated the cc and added the cold air pipe down inside the bumper, now when driving for any longer than 10 mins the temp gauge is banging on 110 degrees which it didn't used to do,

Have i ballsed up on the tubing ? is there a specific way of mounting it behind the bumper ?

Haven't put the old airbox on yet and vag com seems to think the car is fine...

Where have you moved the carbon can to ??

Have you obstructed air flow to the radiator with either the carbon can or the cold air intake for the air filter ??

for it to hit 110 in 10mins it would have to be a airlock in the coolant sytem.It might not be anything to do with your filter,just another prob that showed up same time

yes the maf temp, although th eoil temp seems to fall in line with it as well.

Carbon can is stil in engine bay, tube is 15 inches long in an S shape and is just fed through the cc hole poiting forward.

I have just looked at the coolant and it looks rather brown and thick which can't be right ?

I have just looked at the coolant and it looks rather brown and thick which can't be right ?
Not good at all - this is the indicator as to where your problem lies - possible damaged head gasket or damaged oil cooler plate ??